MC, or stick with MM?

Hana SL or a Dynavector would be my shout. There was a SL knocking about ex-demo for £400 or have a chat with Guy.

But an audiophile fat bastard.

Stick with mm or spend a shitload of money on a decent MC. They are very good. I am happy I got an MC.
Cheap MC cartridges lick dead dogs dirty dicks.

You wound me with your glib usage of audiophile. I’ll settle for fat bastard thank you very much.

:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

When I first got a good hi fi I remember the jump from mm to mc felt massive

Now my ears are shit I struggle to tell a difference

2 Likes

Also I find it music dependent for indie I find the koetsu annoying and I prefer the mp11 if I mainly listened to jazz female vocal and blues it would be fine

Am planning on having a spare headshell so swapping not an issue.

2 Likes

I use the EL as well which I really like

Recently upgraded to a Hana MH from an Audio Technica AT150MLX. The AT was a better than decent MM cartridge, but the Hana leaves it in the dust as far as stereo image, detail retrieval and end of side performance goes. Both cartridges use a micoline stylus, so the difference is down to the Hana’s being nude rather than the bonded stylus of the AT and the differing type (MC vs MM).
The Nagaoka is a very good cartridge, but for the extra £250 the SL seems a no brainer IMHO.

5 Likes

I recently stuck a Dynavector 10x in a Techie 1200G and was reminded again what great cart this is if you don’t want to bother with step-ups etc. I don’t even like most Dynavectors and have tried most coils from Supex to Koetsus down the years, but I could live quite happily with a 10x - shame its not still Ultimo :smiley:

Moving iron is the future, buy a Grado for the win👍

London Super Gold with pod :+1:

2 Likes

Strain gauge, FTW.

2 Likes

Ribbon for the win

…not that i’ve heard one

2 Likes

I just ended up getting a new stylus for the Nag. Maybe MC next time, lol.