Meat packaging

I did get that. I just thought it was a fun game to play :grinning:

3 Likes

then edit your post to take the piss out of me…………………

nah…

Done.

1 Like

Having bought a few shirts in the sales I can confirm what people have said earlier in this thread, Tyrwhitt are a smidge better than TM Lewin. mainly on the button hole size, Tyrwhitt is just a better buttonhole, these details matter :slight_smile:

Popped into a TK Maxx yesterday and they are selling off T Pink shirts in their bins fir £12 a pop. Picked up a couple of white with grey windowpane check ones for less than a gallon and a half of beer, not bad. Not on their web page, just in the sale bins in the shop, worth a check . The Pink shirts are a better quality cloth, the cuff and collars are a better construction and they also have two vertical seams each side where an additional piece of material is let in, better shape and fit to the shirt. I think normal retail is IRO £100.

2 Likes

Last batch of shirts I bought were Hawes and Curtis. Better than Lewin or Tyrwitt but you have to wait longer for a sale for the prices to get close to the other two.

Hawes and Curtis are going tits up I think, or if not, at least shutting up a few shops. The Manc shop had a closing down sale at the weekend, doesn’t auger well. What will middle age men do for “flowery printed shirts designed to make middle age men look like middle age men whilst making them think they are ten years younger” now :slight_smile:

These are the type I mean,

2 Likes

That is genuinely horrific.

It MAY work in Miami with white linen trousers and Raybans… but as above, nah!

I’d wear it :+1:

1 Like

I rest my case M’Lud.

3 Likes

haha
I steered clear of those, all the ones I bought I can wear to work and the quality is a lot better that Lewin and Tyrwitt (I have had both).
If they are going tits up then maybe more bargains to be had.
Just checked the website and there are a lot of short sleeve shirts in their clearance section, might get a few for the summer.

Edit They only have shipbroker sizes left :unamused:

Boy’s large? :thinking:

2 Likes

:rage:

Focus on socks…

I have a sense there may be a number of crimes against cloth and foot to be found ICI

Post your pure vicuña / Primart manifestations.

Christmas gift, seem ok but already loosing their shape

As far as socks go, simple black, slightly elasticated and approx half way up the calf.

I buy in bulk and have loads in stock in case Brexit fucks up the worldwide sock supply chain

1 Like

streaky bacon socks

s-l300

2 Likes

Disappoint - I had you pegged as a man of caliber if not perverted in the taste department.

Being, ahem, short of leg my troos are always over long and draping over my shoes so no point in showy offy socks.

Lary t shirts and I’m your guy.

2 Likes

animal paw socks

Who is Lary?