Mmm, shiny

I think the point is that it isn’t the same arm. It’s bigger and has better parts, but is still commonly assumed to be the weak point (admittedly it’s the only bit I think you could improve by throwing money at).
I haggled hard and was surprised… I figure it will save me money (:lying_face:) as I will never want anything else, so won’t chop and change over time.

:laughing:

1 Like

I got a ton of overtime in that year, have no kids, and wanted to make sure I had something to show for it.
I knew the instant it was advertised that it was the only set up that would appeal to my hatred of faff and worry about something being just off true.

I ninja added the long nose as the rest is all fibs. Truth is I told the dealers a price I’d buy it for, and when one said yes it just seemed to happen!

6 Likes

And the fact that it probably sounds fabulous too?

The design/ style and the lack of faff have had me tempted more than once to buy one.

1 Like

How much are those orange spray painted Kuzmas? They sound good.

At that sort of money I would be seriously considering a cheeky offer on this

I can’t vouch for the seller (or the condition of the t/t) but it’s a great sounding deck.

6 Likes

I remember the leather wrapped ones at Munich. Noice.

1 Like

Kuzma Stabi R is about £7.6k with one arm wing, about £1k more for the 2nd
available in many many colours

1 Like

I am not really at that sort of money :grinning:

1 Like

And how much of an upgrade is it to the Stabi S with additional platter and external power supply?

I’d be aiming for 4 figures, not five, for the Technics.

1 Like

No idea, haven’t heard them side by side. I have heard the R quite a bit and it has been v impressive

1 Like

I’d like to hear one alongside a Motus. Whenever I’ve heard the R it’s been obviously good in what’s usually been a compromised system at a show.

Extra for the tonearm of your choice presumably.?
So pairing it with a Kuzma 4 point would make it >£13K

The whole turntable industry seems to have undergone quite a price hike while I have been taking no notice and playing records in the last few years :grinning:

1 Like

Take one up to Nottingham, you may well be able to hear them side by side. I would be interested in the outcome

that does look v v nice, but also a bit spendy :disappointed:

1 Like

Interesting.

1 Like

Pushing a 300B beyond 7 or 8 watts is pointless and silly.

20 Watts with 10% distortion :roll_eyes:

Sitting listening tonight and system sounds great, alcoholic enhancements notwithstanding. Yet still I take furtive glances at the Denon, wondering. I feel dirty. It’s just a hankering for material things. The power of the shiny is unwavering. I have aural satisfaction on demand but my ears are slags and want more.

3 Likes