Moar booze. Every pint mj2 has drunk since 1986

Yeah, sometime around the middle of last year Mike. I just checked through me booze snaps & it used to be 5.3%.

They really haven’t ruined it tho, its still a pleasant drop. Wychwood seem to have generally good integrity with their brews, most I’ve tried through the years have been very likeable!

Wagu destroyer! :person_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Looking forward to trying this very limited release South African from Virgin Vino

2 Likes

Thank you prezzie from the Leylandii owner, along with a dinner of roast pork loin, proper chips and the nicest gravy I’ve tasted in living memory!.. Now I’m home the wine is OK… Dinner was biblical! :yum:

3 Likes

This is very very nice - should retail at £40 a bottle but managed to get 6 for £60 :ok_hand:

6 Likes

That really is some great scorage there Al!

You must be really chuffed! I’m sure it’s richly deserved too.

:+1:

Indeed it was Chris - I think it was a cancelled bulk order so Virgin offered it as first come first served so I was lucky to get some.

I meant to ask have you tried Gentleman Jack bourbon, if so, any good ?

Re GJ Bourbon. Overhyped in my view. I think a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon would be money better spent.

1 Like

Even for £20 a bottle ?

Prolly worth a punt at that price. But not really comparable to WT 101.

I’ve seen similar offers on it plenty of times, wouldn’t call it a rare bargain. But prolly justifiable at that price.

Anne bought a couple of bottles for her Uncle who likes it so I thought it might be worth a punt for £20.

Bog standard JD is really just plain nasty. Only really suitable as a mixer wiv coke & fer unknowledgable folk & just generally blurrrgh!

GJ is a big step up from that admittedly!!

I wouldn’t touch the bog standard JD with a barge pole now.

For similar money Jim Beam white label is quite decent in comparison & is great in whiskey sours & Kentucky mules, even quite acceptable neat as a cheap entry point.

Finally. What an effin’ day !

:beers:

2 Likes

Be joining you later, Mike (if you’re still here!)

1 Like

Again! :yum:

1 Like

Salud peeps :beers:

1 Like

To Beaker!!! For all the happy times!

:beer:

:tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Cheers, Big Ears!

2 Likes