Moar booze. Every pint mj2 has drunk since 1986

:tumbler_glass:

:tumbler_glass:

Trying out this new (to me) one from Virgin wines - big and bold I think it’s fair to say.

3 Likes

Ridiculously good for the price…

£8.99 ALDI

4 Likes

The 12 is always a favourite of mine, always have a bottle on the go. I also have a bottle of the 18 that I am nursing since the prices went up!

I was going to go and sit out at one of the local bottle shops (that also has stuff on tap). But the weather simply isn’t good enough.

So, Old Fashioned with Wild Turkey rye and Angostura (regular, not orange).

4 Likes

My favourite grape . I’ll try and pick a few up

1 Like

Cheers @TMC - one you fetched back for me.

5 Likes

You bad bad man

1 Like

Saturday afternoon claret will be a lopwell tradition young man

2 Likes

Absolutely…and why not!

1 Like

My sister lives just outside the Saint-Émilion commune.

The ordinary wines are OK. But being selective, there are some epic good value wines. Selective 1er Premier Cru wines are decent value.
@TMC might differ.

1 Like

I’m sure @sap7 wants an invite

1 Like

I mostly seem to have found that any kind of Bordeaux red doesn’t scratch where I itch. I’ve preferred the Burgundy that I’ve tried, and I’m also partial to Sauternes, which is Bordeaux white of course, but even having gone to some decent Grand Cru Classé chateaus, I’ve never really enjoyed them.

1 Like

I love a good red.

Beer is meh. Fine wine is where it’s all at.

1 Like

I remember our conversation at your place. I was surprised but amused, as wine is a very personal choice. Bordeaux wines had always been (outside of Sauternes) an unknown quantity for me outside of the reputation.

On that trip I had discovered some fantastic wines.

The fact that, at the time you weren’t drinking, made sense.

1 Like

Yeah, Friday etc

2 Likes

From Sardinia, darkish lager and a bit cloudy but tastes very nice.

6 Likes

New to me, from that there Lidl

2 Likes

Lightly does it tonight as I have a social day with my son tomorrow, so it’ll just be a coupla beers & a dram of whisky.

This 'un has been going down really well 'ere.

Churz gents!

:beer:

1 Like