Mobile Phones Again!

Ah, OK I was going on a dimly remembered pic from when you first got the Avantgardes, thought they were in a bigger room with carpets

Who made the rack Mark? It is a lovely looking bit of furniture.

Russ Collinson.

I gave him a picture of a Finite Elemente Pagode Master Reference in American walnut and said can you make me a knock-off of that. So he did.

It’s got nearly all the detailing of the real thing, including the independently isolated sections - except they are sorbothaned rather than spiked.

This is a picture of a real one

7 Likes

:rofl:

Nice job!

Help please :pleading_face: I have a Moto G7 power which I believe has a 4850 mah battery. A while ago it started to discharge within about 4-5 hours and the battery became so swollen that it pushed the back off the case! I ordered a genuine replacement battery and fitted it (Yes I did use my cart. fettling kit) but that too discharged very quickly. Complain, get a replacement repeat above, same disappointing result :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Is it likely to be something else fucked in the phone?

Has it recently consumed a prawn vindaloo?

1 Like

Maybe something is consuming a large amount of CPU?

Settings -> Battery -> Usage Details

Are you using the supplied (brand) charger or an after market replacement ?

Get one of these. It is mobile and even you couldn’t break it. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’m using the supplied charger.

If you tap top right three dots you can also see what the physical device has used.

I don’t know whether your usage and battery life are standard or not. It’s not like there’s some rogue app using 99% of the CPU.

1 Like

The screen seems to be using a lot.

It might be worth checking the specs to see if they are appropriate for the battery.
Manufacturer may had over specced the charger by mistake.
(It happened with my wall-wart supply for my old Pro-Ject phonobox).

Swollen batteries are a bad thing. They can have problems, but the fact that there have been two with the same issue might also point to a hardware issue in the phone’s battery management system. I’m not sure that’s a fixable thing.

Remember that these batteries are potentially explosive if not working properly, and a swollen battery is clearly not working properly…

Only one battery became swollen, the next two just discharged at an alarming rate. I do have a brand new identical charger, I will try that when the battery runs out, shouldn’t have long to wait :roll_eyes:

It looks, from the stats, that you are on the phone constantly for several hours. In that case, getting six hours isn’t unreasonable.

Wait, no, the phone is idle but the screen is on, is that right?

It looks wrong.

4 hours since charge, 3.5 hours screen, 3.5 hours idle.

Here’s mine

Looks like a fault to me and the screen is not turning off, or at least continuing to draw current when blanked.

1 Like