....more armchair politics (Part 2)

Very much enjoying Carol Vorderman on twitter being on the warpath with the tory tax dodging bastards. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

:ok_hand:

13 Likes

She was on the Jeremy Vine show on R2 at lunchtime doing exactly the same.

Much respect.

2 Likes

I doubt she’ll be on Question Time any time soon. :grinning:

1 Like

It seems that Zahawi has been threatening journalists with his very expensive lawyers if they disclosed his dodginess.
The Conservative party, what an absolute bunch of cunts. It really does come to something when I start agreeing with the elder Tories (Major/Heseltine/Clarke) who I previously hated but seem quite reasonable and competent compared with the current wankers.

3 Likes

Dangerous times when that lot look like moderates.

2 Likes

Perhaps the scariest thing about recent Tory governments is not their greed or dishonesty but their incompetence. There have been politicians driven by self-interest for ever, but the real novelty now is how people who are utterly fucking useless get into positions of responsibility. I’ve just finished Marina Hyde’s book. It contains this scorching summary of one of the most striking of the “not clever enough to realise they’re not clever enough” brigade

4 Likes

I give you Hat Mancock. Always has come across as a third rate home counties estate agent.

We’re doomed I tell you, doomed. Laughing stock of Europe if not the world. It would be funny if it wasn’t so fucking tragic.

3 Likes

I see your Matt Hancock and I raise you Gavin Williamson.

1 Like

This could be a very long list. :slightly_smiling_face:

Don’t get me started on another local MP Therese Coffey…

I’m off for another stiff one before I explode.

2 Likes

Plus ça Change

1 Like

1 Like

It’s the most disgusting thing I’ve ever seen in British politics (I know that’s a low bar) but this is very very different.

This is French Revolution bad but we’ve become an island of pathetic cunts.

1 Like

Wouldn’t say the most disgusting. Track and trace, not so stealth privatisation of the NHS, total abandonment of the people needing social care, mental health services being shot to fck, the poor being left to freeze and starve whilst the rich get richer on a logarithmic scale… Quicker the guillotine is brought back for these thieving, evil bastards the better.

4 Likes

I forgot completely shagging our economy on a whim of lowering tax for everyone who could already afford to pay it

The PPE £15bn and the Liz Truss £31bn pale into insignificance next to the hundreds of billions that Sunak funneled to the rich during Covid. Then add in the mammoth losses that Brexit has inflicted on the economy and you begin to realise the scale of losses inflicted on the country by Tory incompetence and dogma is simply mind boggling. I doubt we’ll ever recover.

2 Likes

You are being too kind passing it off as incompetence, it’s all been entirely deliberate.

2 Likes

There’s been a shed load load of incompetence, too much to catalogue.

There was a website a few years ago that detailed what Failing Grayling had cost the economy due to his fuckups and idiocy, it was somewhere around £3billion

Let’s not forget the £13million he gave to a ferry company that had no ferries and the compensation he had to pay to Eurotunnel over unfair contract awards and the additional £50million to cancel those contracts.

Then to rub salt in the wounds, in the middle of all that he was given a £100k per year part time job by Felixstowe Port as an advisor :rofl:

2 Likes

Other than to pander to the ain’t no black in the union jack arseholes how can stopping the boats possibly make the top 5 priorities for the uk.

Depends which boats. Grayling stopped the ferries quite effectively.

3 Likes