More hifi related drivel

They’re really good. Work well in small difficult rooms too.

Maybe so, but I like them

Power amp will likely be Marantz MA5s which I’m keen to utilise.

Budget, suppose up to £2k, but hey you know budgets right.

I would go for a different type of sound for the second system. I used to have a transparent, clean sound in the living room (second) system, using either Heybrook Sextets or Quad ESLs, with a class D or A amp of 20W or so. Great for smaller scale and lower volumes, but not the grunt or dynamics of the horn system. Maybe use a suspended TT like a PT for the second system and DD for the main?

That justifies the man cave as the main system, and gives you a different flavour for the second.

Funnily enough I thought of Cremona Auditor as I’ve heard them and they sound massive for such little boxes. Not sure they would work about 6-12 inches from the back wall though?

Quad ESLs hanging from the ceiling ?

1 Like

No.

Wayne @crimsondonkey my suggestion would be Kralk Audio BC30’s
They are sealed small and beautiful.
And they sound great.
And there is a pair on PFM for less than £500. I don’t know the seller or anything like that, but I’ve heard this model on several occasions and they would fit the bill I think.

1 Like

Of there is wall behind them and not alcove they will probably be okay. Valve amp or summat might work well.

The smaller SF speakers like a bit of power behind them and they sound significantly better at higher volumes, they are also ported?

How’s that working out for introducing a new phono? :smiley:

5 Likes

I lied. :grinning:

2 Likes

@catcando also recommended them. I’ve not heard a pair which is a shame as when it comes to speakers I don’t pay any attention to reviews and the like just because it’s all so subjective.

At the moment I’ll have the SP10 and Acoustic Solid available on rotation between rooms.

:smirk:

You do know that they both have to be rotating in the same direction?

2 Likes

Tell that to Jim.

3 Likes

:grin:

Linn Kan Mk1

I think that as well as installing a system in the other room, he also wants to listen to music on it. So your suggestion is poor.

4 Likes