More shit that doesn't merit its own thread (septic tank overflow alert)

21 Likes

You think we are in the shit, try ā€˜merica my neighbour has just come back from seeing son in USA and they got quizzed if their phones were Chinese FFS
I assume the TSA who are thick as pig shit donā€™t realise the iPhone is made in China

4 Likes

Cos nothing made in the USA ever had backdoors for spying :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

They can take the one off the Virgin Media crap advert

Quality.

14 Likes

Iā€™d buy one

3 Likes

Well Boeing look to be a bit stuffedā€¦

I have sympathy for the poor troops who will undoubtedly get sacrificed at the altar of share price, but serves Boeing right for sulking about the A400M contract and cheating Airbus.

Seems like a good point!

9 Likes

Unfortunately they seem perfectly capable of grounding themselves.

Mrs Tweedy (Chicken Run): " THEYā€™RE CHICKENS, YOU DOLT! Apart from you, theyā€™re the most stupid creatures on this planet! They donā€™t PLOT, they donā€™t SCHEME, AND THEY ARE NOT ORGANIZED"

3 Likes

That will have nothing to do with Patrick Shananan of course.

I have also read a story about Trumpā€™s government shut down blocked a critical software update to fix the issue - I donā€™t know if this is true or not but letā€™s hope it isnā€™t.

I thought there was an issue of insufficient pilot training on working with the planeā€™s own control system. MCAS (ie just an hour on an Ipad)

CBD - imparts a feeing of relaxation and calm and reduces anxiety. Coming to a restaurant near you as a food additive.

Thereā€™s some on here who could do with a gallon or two added to their full English :wink:

2 Likes

I believe that was the conversion course from NG to MAX. AIUI, there was no information on MCAS in either the manuals or training. (NG doesnā€™t have MCAS, itā€™s only on the MAX because of the very different aerodynamic performance at high AOA on the MAX because the larger, more forward engine nacelle start generating lift at high AOA and cause a pitch up moment)

It seems like quite an insidious system and if allowed to apply full nose down trim, it would appear to create a situation where itā€™s (almost?) impossible for the pilots to overcome this stabiliser trim setting with elevator.

It can be disabled, but you probably need to figure out that thatā€™s what causing it first and if not in the manualā€¦ :cry:

Thread on pprune: https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/619272-ethiopian-airliner-down-africa.html

2 Likes
3 Likes

Ethiopian airlines are sending the flight data recorder to Europe for analysis, rather than the USA. Given the magnitude of money involved worldwide in this aircraft, is this a matter of trust in outing the truth ?

Only the US still allowing them to fly and even congress and labour unions are asking for suspensionā€¦ Boeing in a huge hole, and the article earlier suggests it really stems from putting in an unsuitable engine.

No longer