Munich 18

I just bought my advance tickets and notice that they are also valid for CanJam Munich running at the same time.

That could be quite interesting.

I have been thinking about a pair of easily portable closed back headphones for trains/planes so might well be worth a visit.

I would be interested in that, Guy. Looking at the u bahn map, it’s not that far from the centre.

Been thinking about it for two days now, finally decided that I should do it if I have the opportunity.

I have to meet Karaki from Aurorasound at 1pm on Friday which rather dictates my movements. If I’m to do it this year I’d have to be up very early on Friday morning to get out to Dachau for 9am & get back to MOC by 1.

after my recent visit , i seem to be buying german sausages a lot . really impressed with the place

hope you all have a wonderful tme , i hope to go next year

Dachau is worth the trip. I went 20 years or so ago, whilst on a trip to Munich for work. I won’t forget it, it affected me for sometime afterwards.

That sounds like a very tight itinerary

Us too. 1992 to be precise. We caught the U-Bahn and a bus to and from. After, we sat in a bar for lunch, then returned to our accommodation. It suddenly dawned on us that for the last few hours, we hadn’t really talked.
It had a profound effect on us. Very moving indeed.

I recall it being very similar when I went. Everything afterwards just feels rather trite and bit insignificant for a while.

1 Like

Trying to move that meeting back to 3pm on Friday which should give time.

2 Likes

And then burgers in the afternoon?

2 Likes

Mmmmm Ruff’s Burger :heart_eyes:

Has anyone pre-booked train tickets, or is it just easier to buy them from the airport station?

Just buy from the station, the machines are a piece of piss to use and only take about a minute to complete the transaction.

(which is what your mrs says about you)

1 Like

Worth a look on the internet in advance to suss out what tickets you’ll need to buy - the Munich system is complex and there are lots of ticketing options.

Your Mrs didn’t complain…

5 Likes

Leaving in an hour. Ferry to Aberdeen this evening, then flying to Munchen tomorrow via LHR

1 Like

Moved my meeting to 3pm Friday which should allow for an extended morning trip out to Dachau.

Just wondering if you will be able to process and re focus? Serious question.

personally when I went there and the same for Yad Vashem in Israel I needed the remainder of the day to reflect and drink beer to help me along. The last thing I would want is a meeting where I would need to function . .