Hey

2 Likes

YES. The Prog Rock Group. :sleeping:

Anything involving Morrissey
Guns n Roses
Spice girls et al
Opera

1 Like

Oh Christ yes, opera! The emperor’s new music. So many people deluding themselves that it has merit, when in fact it is utterly shite. Take a perfectly good human vocal chord, and do the most aesthetically unpleasant thing you possibly can with it, loudly, for hours. Shite.

2 Likes

Aw c’mon, tell me this doesn’t look like fun

and this isn’t beautiful

and this isn’t what the end of the world might sound like

(yes, yes, I know he didn’t call this one opera, but he wasn’t fooling anyone).

VB

1 Like

And to think people criticised Poland’s busty washer women at Eurovision a couple of years ago. It was actually high culture is what it was.

2 Likes

grime !!! can`t stand it

Thread Summation: I hate everything except stuff I like :rolling_eyes:

Irony alert!

1 Like

^ “A squid eating dough in a polyethelene bag is fast and bulbous.”

40 yrs since I heard it, so some lyrics stick. :grimacing:

1 Like

It isn’t long enough.
I always thought there was really something I wasn’t getting, loads of people I knew loved it but it did nothing for me. For years I tried it once a year to see if I ‘it’ would click.
Eventually a couple of years ago I sold my early pressing to JezR of this parish and have no intention of ever listening to it again.

2 Likes

I like it every now and then and when I do the kids absolutely love it! Alex especially, throws shapes that no human has ever got anywhere near. Or at least that is the impression he likes to make :joy:

2 Likes

I tend to play TMR at Christmas each year. It’s what John Peel would have wanted.

3 Likes

I am surprised by the lack of metal mentioned in this thread? Maybe my AAAC choice will jog people’s memory?

The guitar solos are especially “unique”

Ah - the musical balance achieved during Wayne’s session when he took over the turntable late on Saturday night at The Weekender - some absolute classics on vinyl, but also some utter dross :laughing:

2 Likes