Naim users

This. The father of one of my son’s mates has an all-Naim setup - maybe I’ll get myself an invite to have a look and check out the beige carpets, straight lines and hamster consumption rates - might be interesting.

As a horn user, I fit that stereotype much more closely …

1 Like

That sounds a LOT like my Sony stuff, to be honest.

This thread is a banquet of beige fit to whittle my mellow. The amuse-bouche of ‘Babette’ was tantalizing enough but the main course of insight reeks of the misguided aspirations of Paco Rabanne wearing low level account managers who wank over Top gear and play Phil Collins at moderate volume on a Sunday. Flat Earthers all have a leather jacket in the back of their wardrobes that they believe makes them the next candidate for the milk tray man…Of course they dare not wear it as it’s a bit too “racy”.

7 Likes

Oh shit, that’s me!

5 Likes

But, But what would Gok do?

2 Likes

SBL stands for “should-have bought Linn”.

1 Like

Maybe, right up until you fired up your Bricks…

I always thought SBL stood for Shit Bloody Loudspeakers. Awful things, and a nightmare to set up properly what with the gaskets etc…

Gok does all the looks but unsurprisingly, Milk Tray Man doesn’t seem to be one of them.

Y’ know, I’m fashion but even I can’t get a direct line to Gok, he is waaay above my lowly status, so I can’t ask him directly. Judging by google images, he seems to like the odd biker…

Gok Wan DJ

I have a couple of biker jackets, which I am saving for my son, maybe I should take one for one last spin?

1 Like

Salvation - This is not a Naim Man maneuver

You got to have faith

I like the notion of Naimee’s as middle aged men owning leather jackets they aspire to wear but deep down know that they are way too uncool to be able to pull off, or wear them without the self awareness to know that they look a complete penis.

3 Likes

From his previous post, you have just defined @Wayward

2 Likes

Approved Butcher wear and title.

If I am not mistaken the Avondale Audio Amps and CD players are based around Naim circuits all be it will some modifications. I’ve always found these amps and CD players to be very pleasing to listen to.

4 Likes

Coming out of the closet on this - I have heard a lot of Naim electronics I really like. “Polarbear” Nigel’s system was among the best I’ve heard. I also like the Fraim rack: one of the smartest looking of its ilk. I can even go so far as to admire a really neat, tidy room, albeit never achieve one.

Admittedly I have never, ever heard a Naim loudspeaker I like, but there may be something out there, it doesn’t really matter after-all, does it?

None of it is a “destination system” for me, but the opprobrium heaped upon Naimiacs (and many others) in this hobby is frankly silly - it’s rapidly disappearing into extinction all on its own, never mind with all of the bitter negativity generated by people who supposedly enjoy it!

6 Likes

That is a fairly calm, reasonable and balanced view. Isn’t it a bit early in the day to be working on your second bottle of gin?

2 Likes

It is. So I injected some petrol into the veins under my cock to tide me over :+1:

7 Likes

Great idea. Just be careful with the scented candles if you are having a posh wank in the next couple of hours.

4 Likes

By way of bizarre coincidence my candles are all Yankee Candles’ “Flaming Jizz” scented :fire::fire::fire:

3 Likes