I can’t remember when I was off one after 1995

That will depend on what dancefloor you were enjoying :grinning:

We have a winner!

2 Likes
1 Like

Another free Lopwell raffle ticket I guess :frowning:

Quick Edit: Kevin is typing. Murder on the Dancefloor wasn’t released till 2001

3 Likes

Even if the place I was in had a dance floor, in the 90s I wouldn’t have got any further than the bar :grinning:

4 Likes

You must have crossed it on occasion if the dancefloor was between the bar and the toilet.

She must be a bit hard up as it’s just been re-released.

Saltburn… Free money innit
Did you see Mallorca Lee was no 1 in itunes after his cancer diagnosis. Did you have any dealing with him back in your DJ days? In late 90s he used to go out with my ex’s sister. He had a golf GTI, I had my dads Vauxhall Nova Saloon.

Saltburn :man_shrugging:

My DJing was confined to more modest abodes than his (although McChuills could be a hard crowd at times).

Saltburn new brit flick thing folk seem to be raving about. I havn’t watched it though I’m told there’s a scene with someone drinking spunky bathwater :face_vomiting:

From about 14-18ish I loved a metro or hangar tape of a tape of a tape, When Oasis hit I went full Indie for years till I got back into techno subbie and arches.

Was never a fan of the Arches

It all depended on what night. Colours was full of dickheads. Pressure could be brilliant.
Ritchie Hawtin was one of the best nights out I’ve ever had. Might have been my disposition on the night tbf :eyes: Lives in the memory though. Subbie always had better crowd but when the arches mob was really going for it… Spinetingling.

Haha, she hates that Saltburn has made loads of songs she already knows popular again, she loves loads of 80s 90s indie/alternative/dance stuff (can’t think why, no indoctrination going on, oh no…) and obvs the odd 2001 thingy.

She got into Sophie Etc when she was doing her kitchen disco thing during lockdown.

2 Likes

The bit Lol was on was the emptiest edge, to the left of her, where she wasn’t waving a gun around, was busier

2 Likes

Nothing annoys you more as a young cool muso than the shit your into becoming mainstream. All been there. Evangelise to everyone about this new band, spread the word, Then when everyone likes it… Fck me I’ll need to find a new obscure band to listen to, I can’t be listening to this popular music stuff,

1 Like

Hipster ethos right there :grinning:

1 Like

Fck yeah. If I was twenty now, I’d have littered my body with shite tats and have a tache that wouldn’t be out of place in a few dollars more. Japanese jeans that feel like my legs are in a torture chamber, sign me up!

3 Likes

I’ve been reading this thread while waiting for my microwave porridge to solidify.

It was just about the right length - thanks lads :+1:

5 Likes

Never heard of that and I was permanently pissed in the 90s

Is it some sort of ukulele playing George Formby northern song thing?