New computer .. why, what now ? What is this thread about now?

Bought a small laptop yesterday from PC World. I know… I know.

A Geo thing 128 gb whatever. All it’s for is email a bit of left handed browsing, and Sky Go.

The child at PC World said it has Windows 10 S but is easy to turn off and have the normal OS. They could do it in store for £40. I declined with a pompous wave of my hand.

How in the world of fuck, do you turn off S mode?

I’ve followed the instructions but it is saying that I cant activate windows… some bullshit about not being able to verify the edition of windows installed on it.

Fuck I.T. all the way to hell. Any help gratefully appreciated and ignored.

Make sure lid is shut,flip it over and remove the 10 holding screws of the base
Then carefully smash it with a hammer
After that,go back to pc world with your tail between your legs and buy the right laptop

3 Likes

Have you tried switching it off and back on again ?

6 Likes

I’ll switch you off then back on again with the end of my boot.

3 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Have you placed it on shakti stones, if not, there’s your problem.

3 Likes

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468240/windows-10-location-service-and-privacy

Get a contractor in on extortionate rates.

9 Likes
  1. Go to Settings .
  2. Then select Update & Security.
  3. In the left sidebar, click Activation.
  4. Then click “Go to the Store.” You will see this under the “Switch to Windows 10 Home / Pro” section.
  5. Press the “Get” button under the “Switch out of S Mode” section and wait for the process to complete.

Take note that switching out of S Mode is a one-way process. Once you’ve switched out, there’s no going back. You can, however, start enjoying third-party apps that are not in the Microsoft Store.

1 Like

There is no Get button.

In the updates section of settings try changing the active hours to a time outside of the current time.

Active hours normally prevents updates from installing when you are using the machine.

Ok changed to 05 until 11.

Also try:

right click the windows start button and choose ‘windows powershell (admin mode)’

now type in

slmgr /ato

and hit return

Niche Japanese loungecore outfit?

5 Likes

It’ll take a team of the world’s finest surgeons an excruciatingly long time to remove those stones from your arse. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hold on… jb… incoming… this’ll be good.

vvv

7 Likes

What mains cable are you using? :thinking:

5 Likes

^^^ Told you.

6 Likes

Well?