New Music Room - Help Required

Double apex sounds good though, no? What sort of speakers are you putting in there?

Horns.

1 Like

That is the answer to all speaker questions, just want to hear it from him. :grinning::+1:

1 Like

He started five years before me. I expect to beat him by at least a decade. :wink:

It WILL be finished this summer. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In that case: studded red leather bar, with optics behind.

We then need to see pictures of the resultant 70s bordello.

1 Like

Bake-off!

Earth,Rod & Clamp,not only were they one of the shittiest cover bands in the 70s,they are also one of these

https://www.russandrews.com/earth-rod-clamp/

1 Like

needs a rug.

1 Like

Er, summer bake-off. I ain’t riding that ferry foo’!

:face_vomiting:

BBQ, Smoker, Pop corn maker………wine fridge, fridge, gin store.

2 Likes

Speakers (at the moment) will be either Goodmans 201s (ex Hoops) or Triangle Antals. I’ll wait to see how they sound before heading down the rabbit hole

1 Like

And windows,most music rooms i see on forums look souless

Audiophile gripper rods if you are having carpet

2 Likes

Windows will be behind me (as will the door) plus two Velux in one part of the roof. Side windows will be covered as there is no light from one side and t’other side just looks at the road

1 Like

I’ve transferred (clumsily) my shit to here to avoid crapping on this thread

Definitely having carpet and a big rug. Would it be best to install the gripper rodsbefore or after the carpet has been laid? And should I allow extra funds for cable lifters? Also, which way should I hoover the carpet? - From speaker to listening position or vice versa?

We had to soundproof a couple of flats years ago and used this stuff,and soundboard plasterboard

How effective was it Stu?

I’m looking into doing the wall that joins my neighbour’s side.

Insulation, insulation and more insulation.

Velux go for the electric or solar.

Great sized room :+1:

1 Like