New Year Bake - Last one in Ilford! Sat 12th Jan

Many thanks to Jim & the team for another fantastic New Year gathering. Some lovely food laid on for both the evening and for breakfast this morning.

I only caught a brief listen to Jim’s set up as the chairs in there always seemed to be filled but it was sounding very good, the bits I did hear.

We had fun with faff & some records in the back room although no noodly jazz on tape. Jazz seems to be one of the things that’s actually quite hard to find and usually serious $$$ when you do.

I did enjoy Edd’s hooky Russian bootleg of Transformer. I can’t think of a better way of getting that album. My LP version certainly doesn’t sound that good & the original pre-recorded tape, when it does occasionally appear, seems to fetch $300-400.

I hope the RS1500’s speed issue with the 3 3/4 tapes can be sorted easily. It sounded very promising although I do still lust after the Sony.

I was also impressed by Edd’s little 10W Pass amp which sounded very sweet once it had warmed up. The Garrard 301 was no slouch either.

Thanks too to Paul for the Pizza flour. Looking forward to trying that. :+1:

A picture isn’t enough. This was a damn fine breakfast.

13 Likes

Thanks from me as well Jim and family…Top Hosts ! Enjoyed every. minute !

1 Like

Mouthwatering !

VB

The sausages & bacon were seriously good.

1 Like

Did you get home in time for the match Guy? - It was a cracker. Talk about bacon…de Gea saved yours :wink:

Yes, I called in at @Stepmotheratomicbomb & dropped off some items & got back just before 4.30. Spurs played very well. De Gea shouldn’t be having to make 11 saves against anyone.

1 Like

7 Likes

That ensemble was making very fine noises Saturday evening.

3 Likes

I enjoyed that at @Spider xmas bake, brilliant isn’t it!?

It’s nice to see a photo without a fucking R2R in it.

4 Likes

Really?

That’s an R2R on the floor.

5 Likes

Should’ve been there, it’s like they were mating…:laughing:

3 Likes

It’ll be DAT next.

Bollocks.

1 Like

So, as you will see from the WAYLT thread, I’ve been playing the Sony all day.

About half an hour ago Claire comes in from work, unexpectedly early, to Hendrix blasting out, does her pavlov dog thing of turning the volume 45° to the left, and doesn’t even notice the Sony spinning its reels and bouncing its VUs…:smiley:

5 Likes

Well, we already know that her eyesight is a bit weak…

5 Likes

I like TEAC.

I have Dat but it’ll be like a lonely pup amongst the R&R