Notes from a remote island

3 Likes

Not sure if Cal Mac go as far up as the Fetlar route, but this pic from a photographer I follow on the west coast is worth seeing…

No, the only service up here is run by Northlink Ferries. One a day, Lerwick to Aberdeen. Three days a week they go/come via Orkney.

1 Like

2 Likes

Music to my ears.

4 Likes

That’s the plan. Accommodation in the cottage is limited, although finishing the room will free up the spare bedroom in the house and there’s a very comfortable Bod half a mile away that sleeps 7 and can be rented for exclusive use for around £70 per night.

3 Likes

Can’t wait, the meat men go north.

3 Likes

Music room has progressed nicely over the last couple of weeks. Good progress and pic’s to follow :grinning:

25 Likes

About bloody time you slackarse :upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Saw your pics on FB, looking good

3 Likes

You are now in a race with @jim

1 Like

Getting there now.

Electrics to finish, beading to fit between rafters and plasterboard, floor to sort out (biggest job) then final painting and skirting boards to fit.

17 Likes

16 Likes

Mmmmmmmbigcompoundmitresaw…

2 Likes

Good size space there Paul. What are the dims?

Not ideal dimensions, about 24’ x 19’ but the irregular ceiling and furnishings/storage units will hopefully negate that somewhat.

1 Like

I don’t see 24 by 19 feet being an issue.

I hope not, it’s a bit too close to being square for my liking, but hey, I can only work with what is there

2 Likes

Wow! Looking great

Starting to come together Paul. What’s the system going to be? More to the point, which speakers?