Obituaries

She got paid £30 a week during filming for her role in it. She got paid way more than her total fee when Carlsberg used the bar scene in an advert.

2 Likes

A good work mate and friend of Mrs P passed away today. 48 years old and leaves a partner and 13 year old son.
Pancreatic cancer.

No bloody age.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that mate, terrible news.

Shit, bad news, no age indeed.

Mrs P is understandably in bits. I can’t begin to imagine what these last couple months were like for the poor woman after getting the diagnosis , then trying to get through Christmas for her lad and not making it to January. Poor kid.

12 Likes

That is tragic
So sorry to hear that.

1 Like

So sorry to hear that Adrian.

1 Like
5 Likes

Fuck me just seen that Stu

1 Like

Fucking hell, another icon gone.

Marquee Moon is going on next at high volume. What a unique guitarist and songwriter. :frowning:

Gutted - Marquee Moon is a classic, and I loved his later solo work… :sob:

Worth a download.

Annie Wersching, 45.
Many of us will have seen her in Star Trek (Enterprise and Picard), Bosch, Timeless, 24, Runaways…

5 Likes

Might have a Motown session tonight. An amazing body of work.

8 Likes
2 Likes

Reeling today from the news of the death of my lifelong friend, mentor, role-model, erstwhile boss, and the funniest, most original and straightforwardly demented human being it was ever my undeserved good fortune to call a friend: John Cooper - “JC, dude!”, retired collections manager in the Dept. of Palaeontology at the NHM, London, and all-round Good Bloke.

This has come as a big shock, as he was to all intents and purposes fit as a flea (E&OE when you’re 80), and we were in regular correspondence with no hint of any ailments as of a few weeks ago.

In a kind of awful limbo of denial and wishful-thinking right now, as he was somewhat estranged from his family and I have none of their details to confirm the news, but the lass who told me doesn’t mess-about, so fear the very worst.

The world feels incredibly empty nowadays.

28 Likes

Sorry to hear that Paul. Almost everyone’s precious to someone, but some really do leave a bigger gap when they go.

1 Like

Sounds like a top bloke. My sincere condolences but be grateful that your paths crossed and enjoy the memories.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Paul, loosing such a close friend hurts.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Paul. I lost my two best friends recently and it left a massive hole in my life.

1 Like