Obituaries

Looks to be sadly very true.
The Reaper returns to claim another rock legend.
Thanks for the gigs & the great music Tom.
RIP

Confirmed on The Guardian now.

This quote from Petty the other day about stopping touring is very sad:

“We’re all on the backside of our 60s,” he said. “I have a granddaughter now I’d like to see as much as I can. I don’t want to spend my life on the road. This tour will take me away for four months. With a little kid, that’s a lot of time.”

As it seems to have been confirmed now I shall repeat an earlier post…fuck !!!

:frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face:

VB

1 Like

My dad got me into the travelling wilburys as he is a big fan of Roy Orbison and I’ve like his music ever since.

Hope it’s not true.

Taken off life support apparently . Hope it’s true . One of my absolute favourites .:crossed_fingers:

Gutted . Lost his fight .,

He’s a fan of tubes :wink:

One of my early music memories, remember it vivdly. Summer of 1979, girl next doors sister walking home with this on a super hot sunny afternoon. Asked who it was just before Refuge was all over the radio for the rest of the summer.

Great memories of hunting his out of print early records in Auckland s/h shops in my teens.

RIP Tom

1 Like

The ability to move a crowd.

3 Likes

Sean Hughes. At. 51 :flushed:

1 Like

Taken by cirrhosis. What a sad end to such a talent.

Comedian and Never mind the Buzzcocks regular Sean Hughes. Only 51!

So sad - really enjoyed his sense of humour over the years.

What a shame, I liked him. RIP.

A prolific writer and producer. A mainstay of the Strayan music scene.

Another legend gone

RIP Fats

He cared a lot.

Magnum PI would have never been so great without Higgins…

Luis Enriquez Bacalov — the Oscar-winning composer behind some of Italy’s finest soundtracks — has died. Known by many via Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill and Django Unchained, Bacalov passed away in Rome today (November 15) after being recently being hospitalized due to ischemia. He was 84. A fantastic composer often compared to Morricone. I was a big fan.

1 Like