Old school Tannoy Loudspeakers and Valves

Actually, it is the last slice of my Series 102 Cake…

2 Likes

This is really tempting, actually. Looks like my current Audio Innovations Series 500. If it has an MM Phono-stage and I get a payout, I’ll look into this. :sunglasses::ok_hand:

1 Like

This is my current Amplifier; an early Audio Innovations Series 500 Integrated unit with upgraded Valves…

Why would you change from the S500? It’s a nice amp and well suited.

2 Likes

Just putting feelers out, really. I’m not at all experienced with this type of kit. This is my first Valve Amplifier. Bought back in 2019 and steadily upgraded Valves since then. :sunglasses:

Have you not tried the tannoys with the S500 yet?

Yes I have; the only loudspeakers I haven’t tried with them are my 1968 Celestion Dittons. :sunglasses:

The Tannoys work so well- although they do reveal shite recordings. :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

“The deal was that when the venerable Tandberg Amplifiers died, I’d go over to Valve Amplification.”

Bit confuzzed but if you have an S500 to hand it may be a pretty decent pairing.

Have you considered spending 1K to upgrade the IIILZ cabs to the ‘Cornetta’

https://6moons.com/audioreviews/tannoy/cornetta.html

If you have room in the corners the bass could be much improved. The large cab is certainly an improvement

10 Likes

Do they come in pairs, or do you get just one?

3 Likes

From the original post it seems he just wanted to talk about how good his Tannoys are with his valve amp which he bought when the previous amps died.

Then recommendations came flooding in lol

That upgrade looks good.

2 Likes

5 Likes

You could have the best of both worlds :japanese_ogre:

I have a pal who wanted to experiment and bi-amped. Gold 15" in GRFs.
Big Quad amp on bass (I forget which), small SET on the treble horns.
Same X/O point.
He says it’s great.

Just one Cornetto, surely

5 Likes

Lol you got two likes for my joke, sigh

2 Likes

Leak TL12+.