Only 5 Moon men left

Out of the 12 Apollo astronauts who walked on the moon, only Buzz Aldrin, Alan Bean, David Scott, Charlie Duke, and Harrison “Jack” Schmitt are left.

2 Likes

Incredible guys and really quite sad.

I read a great book years ago about them all but buggered if I can remember the name of it - very poignant and not what I expected - it changed how I thought about them and the whole space programme.

Buzz Aldrin’s selfie kinda sums them all up for me

2 Likes

Was it this:

Really good book.

Did I ever mention that I met Neil Armstrong when I was a kid?

6 Likes

Lol! Cock Camera! :rofl:

https://www.disclose.tv/the-moon-has-over-250-million-citizens-claims-a-former-cia-318106

Great book that :+1:
Andrew Smith totally nailed it.

That is the very one - glad someone still has a working brain. :grinning:

great book, have got this on epub if anyone wants a copy.

All the surviving Apollo astronauts are in their 80’s now, so the time is not too distant when there will be no men alive who have stood on the surface of another world, which makes me very sad.

To think where we would be by now if we’d just kept going!
Not messing about in low orbit, that’s for sure.

I wonder if any of the surviving moonwalkers will live to see us return to the moon?

I think Elon Musk is sending two people to the moon this year but not landing on it. He has also said he wants to use the Moon as base for Mars missions starting in 2022 so there may be a small chance some of them are still around.

I think it’s extremely unlikely he’ll have landed a ship on the Moon much before 2030 though.

1 Like

He should send the UK’s useless aircraft carrier.

2 Likes

I think the Brazilians have first dibs on it