Open Baffle

Coral?

1 Like

You know what he means. :grin:

Ends in the right letter

1 Like

I bet he does.

In your room, stand mount speakers on heavy stands with a sub that does a sweep of the frequencies, (something like a Velodyne DD12), will work much better. Try your AE2s and a sub. The sub will cut off the bass to the speakers below 80hz.

Yet to hear an OB speaker I would spend money on. OBs are dipoles too.

1 Like

I made a couple of pairs for a fella, got expensive very quickly (these were the 6th pair he’d commissioned). He was using Saba drivers with JBL woofer, moved onto vintage field coils !
Never saw the room these went in though
(upload://CUowchX1ajjAsLalONBehqwYn2.jpeg)

6 Likes

Looks a lot of speaker for £800

vs the usual standard OB, albeit with Lowther drivers which were unbelievable in those Hornings.

Got any yet then?

I like this description - Lowther Open baffle but actually sale is not with Lowther just a hole in a piece of wood.

The tone tubby looks pretty small 10" or 12" - I do not expect much bass at all.

1 Like

I think he went for horns and some manky old wedge DCM things at the recent show.

The linkwitz phoenix looks a very decent buy - It has been for sale for a long time.
If these were within 100 miles I would have a bash with these. They are now £700 or offer.

£700 for something that hideous :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That’s his most normal design - Have you seen the LX521.4 that’s worse?http://linkwitzlab.com/Store/LX521.4.htm

Do bear in mind that it’s a clone, not with the original drivers or crossover from the Linkwiz design. He also mentioned that the sound like the Jamo 909, which although a Dipole design, share no similarities with this or the original Linkwiz design.

Cheers - I didn’t realise that i thought they were pukker.

I would just like to point out the OP uses Musical Fidelity KW amps and has a difficult room.

We won’t hold it against him.

Many will.

Currently enjoying 845’s lol.

1 Like