Open University

Thank you Nigel.

We (well mostly me as our salespeople are a bit pants) recently sold a couple of scanning electron microscopes for their Openscience project. They should be online in the near future so that students can use them remotely from anywhere in the world. They are doing some pretty cool stuff.

https://learn5.open.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=2

1 Like

Hope the PhD’s going well Nigel.
Dave (aka sp25)

The OU is excellent, they know what they are doing and their delivery pedagogy is well formed and well practiced. But its approach may not be for everybody. If you had asked the same question 5 years ago I would have said OU all the way. But these days there are numerous HEIs providing distance learning, many are just as good as the OU but are different in their pedagogy,

Look around and find something that suits your learning style and time commitment. Yes OpenPlus is an excellent articulation agreement between the OU and a small set of HEIs. But with credit transfer, you should be able to take credits earned at the OU on to any UK HEI programme, so long as the content fits with the receiving HEI.

1 Like

Can you do acting courses with the OU ?

2 Likes

I still have my wig and greasepaint from my Widow Twanky days :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Oh no you won’t.

I did an ou degree years ago - takes a bit of time up but if you get up early or stay up late it doesn’t have to impact on your life too much

summer schools were great and you can do a degree based on subjects you fancy and change as you go through it

strongly recommended

1 Like

Finding the great teachers recommended,

Studied OOP with OU about 12 years ago, very good with an excellent support network.

Im now thinking of taking a degree in classical studies and their pre enrollment advice has again been excellent.

Thanks all…still humming and hawing about all.