Our system photo at Keggie1

grand_hotel_1

3 Likes

Yeah, lots of us here have exhibited and viisted many times and know all about the joys of Saturday night.

This. There’s no need whatsoever to represent a forum or a particular brand etc, we’re all individuals.

More this! Very silly to criticise when people are making such an effort for the benefits of others. Same for bake offs, there’s always some clever dick who thinks he knows exactly how a bake off should be run, and wants to inflict rules for organising the fun for everyone :rofl:

3 Likes

The L40 were a rebuild that sounded very good, no harsh highs at all, nice balanced sound. The 4430 clones were very special, fed by a lovely JVC ML10 (I think) power amp. Probably my favourite sound of the day, I even enjoyed Yello :wink:.

7 Likes

I thought there was a Lenco Heaven room?

1 Like

Yes your right, my goof.

2 Likes

Lenco Heaven is the Switzerland of HiFi forums

5 Likes

I would concur with this @ICHM, should one be seeking such an omnidirectional vibe Duevel achieve this without a comprimised midrange IMHO, failing that a good 4/5.1 setup.

What does that make the AA?

Atlantis.

5 Likes

Canvey Island

7 Likes

Sealand.

3 Likes

Ahhh! The Goldmine. Memories, memories :+1:

10 Likes

I think we’re currently the third circle of hell - gluttony

3 Likes

Luton ?

2 Likes

Best (of many) good lines in that film

3 Likes

Bakewell?

2 Likes

There was a lenco heaven room. On Saturday they had a lovely little 6w valve amp some tiny speakers and a well sorted GL75. It was really really good.

I believe the official footfall was 482 at the end of the day.

I liked Nial’s DIY built JBL’s they just looked like JBL speakers got the badge right and everything and they sounded really good. I liked Eddie babies suitcase system with the tiny pro acs it just made great music. Also liked Ian’s room a quality digital set up, just love those speakers Ed makes. Speed racer and Wizmax nailed it with speaker choice their joint room was great. Also room 106 with the quads and industrial looking gear, no idea what was going on and how that system works but it sounded fine.
All the exhibitors worked hard to put on the show and pay to exhibit out of their own pockets and I applaud every single one of them.

We enjoyed exhibiting and had a fantastic weekend I’d recommend it to anyone, it is fun. I know Scalford had character but the Kegworth hotel has plenty of good points and there are not many hotels that would let us completely dismantle the rooms like they do.

Finally thanks to the gang in room 5 and 6 we had a blast and a final thanks to Wizmax who not only found me some nabs for my R2R but generously loaned me some of his fantastic 2 track tapes to play. Top chap.

11 Likes

Funzie on a Saturday night.

images

6 Likes