Our system photo at Keggie1

The LVs are nearly always better heavily toed in so they cross in front of the listening position so that may also have a bearing.

1 Like

I like mine toed in just a tiny bit.

Tweeters on the inside though.

1 Like

I’m using a little NVA pre at the moment. It’s beautifully built and clean as a whistle. Really chuffed with it.

2 Likes

I’ve said many times I’d like to hear some NVA. If you look at some of the not UK forums, ie away from all the other stuff that surrounds the owners attitude, they get a lot of good reviews.

It’s not really where I’m planning to go next in my main system, I have a tube itch to scratch, but it’s around the money I can justify to myself for maybe a new second system.

I like the design philosophy. Seems to be all about a clean signal. Really majoring on “high fidelity”, in the original sense. I have nothing against an amp with a bit of colour, if it sounds good, but equally if I have a decent source and speakers, I also like the idea of using a very clean amp. I think it all has a place. I may well try another of their amps at some point. In this case, I’m just using the pre to attenuate the signal from either CD or vinyl, into a nice Sugden power amp, and it works beautifully, so I’m getting all the benefit of the silky Sugden Class A sound, unadulterated.

1 Like

Here we go again the arseholes have to appear and quote out of context. It was HFS as a forum that was invited, both rooms were populated by two forum members bringing THEIR PERSONAL SYSTEMS, none of it was for sale, in my case most of it was built over 10 years ago, and the speakers are a personal project that are unlikely to be commercially available, as was explained TO EVERYONE who attended the room, but does the truth mean anything to you lot, not on past history like member here asking for fire extinguisher to be collected from around the hotel and piled outside my my room at a show, that seems to be the combined level of your mentality.

@Lupus_Dei @DrEvil

I will ban you pair of twats in a heartbeat. We have had peace and tranquility on here and the moment you pair of fucks arrive it’s like a real hifi forum again.

Don’t bother replying. Just shut the fuck up or you’re off. Both of you.

19 Likes

Normally I do have the tweeters on the inside. The room was long and a bit too narrow. I usually have mine wider apart and toed into a sweet spot for me at home. They seemed to work ok, sort of, at the show with the tweeters this way but I wouldn’t recommend it long term . I messed around a lot with them on sat night then got really fucked off with them and drunk beer instead. :smile:

11 Likes

Ffs.

1 Like

For what very little it’s worth, this Lupus Dei person seems to be one of your stalkers, for the avoidance of stress and forum membership longevity, I would strongly advise ignoring it…

I know that you are very entrenched in your views, but, and it has been pointed out to you many times, your online persona is somewhat, erm, abrasive, but if you could just try to chill out a bit here, you might find that people might at least give you a chance.

We’re a lot more tolerant than you might give us credit for.

3 Likes

Thanks to all who attended, 415 punters through the door today.

Richard Dunn’s system sounded pretty good IMO. :smiley:

Curry was also very fine.

5 Likes

I’m surprised. I thought it would attract a lot more than that.

Surely that’s not sustainable?

Thanks for the pics Mickey, I was a little :nauseated_face: in typical self induced over indulgence :tumbler_glass: I didn’t venture far from the room.
Great to catch up with friends Saturday night, from what I can remember :hugs::fist:

2 Likes

Great picys Micky, really enjoyed the day, some great sounds being made and lovely to catch up with everyone.
10/10 for effort guys👍

4 Likes

Yes, they should be in a skip.

2 Likes

Golden ears gets salty

6 Likes

Your set up made a fine job of Weepin’ Willy mate :+1: :grin:

1 Like

415 , thats pretty good really . the car parks were pretty full and there was still more parking available in the overflow carpark . maybe not as posh as scalford but easy peasy to get to and easy to find your way round

Thanks to everyone who came into my room (102) for a listen and big thanks to @edd9000 for room sitting so I could get a break.

5 Likes

Sounded lovely :+1:

1 Like