Pembrokeshire

We’re heading over there for a few days in mid June. Staying a couple of nights near Tenby, a night further up near Cardigan and another night up near New Quay.

Apart from a childhood week near Carmarthen where we did do Pendine etc I’ve never been & don’t really know it.

What recommendations do people have for places to go, things to see?

Planning to spend much of the day on the way there (setting off from Bristol along M4) circumnavigating the Gower peninsula but where else?

Lots of nice places down there. Manorbier Castle, Bosherston ponds (and tea rooms), definitely Skomer at this time of year, St David’s & nearby, etc.

3 Likes

dog friendly pub tenby house on main high st in tenby, caldey island shop just opposite for chocolate made by the monks on caldey,
dales record shop opposite church on high st ,
fechi,s fish and chips on lower frog st
st davids is a must visit very small but the church is impressive,
pembroke castle is interesting as well as the large cake shop in the town.
coastal rd from tenby to pembroke , via solvar , broad haven .
its a lovely area…guy …we are there for a week end of august.
do visit the lifeboat station in tenby …also walk up the hill and have a picture taken on the guns up there.

2 Likes

Fetchi birothers chippy, manorbier beach and Saunders foot were staples for our family,

1 Like

@murrayjohnson doesn’t have a dog…

:grinning:

1 Like

Am I missing a joke? Or is @murrayjohnson regularly stealing someone’s dog to take on long walks?

3 Likes

So much this

1 Like

Currently looking for accommodation in Pembrokeshire (in November :cold_face: ).

Tripadvisor wants to show me the best hotels in Pembrokeshire.

Honestly guys - I’m sure your place is very nice, but showing me a headline picture of a pool table, a fruit machine and sports on the TV really isn’t selling it.

5 Likes

We ate at the Wisemans Bridge Inn one night. Nice location by the sea & they appear to have rooms. Maybe worth a look.

2 Likes

Not sure if the blues festival in tenby is on this year…was there early November 2019 …some good bands…playing lots of hotels …so quite busy…lots of good hotels and b,a,b s in tenby…and pubs.

Good, basic rooms. Worth it.

2 Likes

I also liked the pub in nearby Amroth where a Thai woman turned out really nice, good value food.