Photography (Mostly reposts, no actual original content)

No.3 is the only one who doesn’t have a tree behind them.

Ears obvs.

But number 2 is the only one not into bondage

No.1 because it only has one working wing.

8 Likes

you do get out and about jim

2 Likes

I lived in Combe Martin for a short while in the 80s. Think it has the longest high street in in the uk though hardly any shops. If it is not true,then I’m having some weird dreams

Also the quite famous pack o cards pub

2 Likes

I thought Streatham had the longest

Maybe it’s longest for a village
Will have a look

The actual longest street is Stewkley, Buckinghamshire. The myth has several possible origins: Combe Martin has the Guinness world record for the world’s longest street party, this can easily be confused as longest village street (or, indeed, the longest high street ).

Seems I was confused

shortest street

220px-Ebenezer_Place

Ebenezer Place , in Wick, Caithness, Scotland, is credited by the Guinness Book of Records as being the world’s shortest street at 2.06 m (6 ft 9 in). The street has only one address: the entrance to No. 1 Bistro, which is part of Mackays Hotel.[1] The hotel has other frontages onto Union Street and River Street, with its main entrance on Union Street.

We stayed in the hotel a bit weird, nice food in the restaurant. The manager, who was also a waiter and barman was strangely eccentric, but very nice.

Yes, we found this that our B&B was at the far end of the high street to the beach/pubs.
we were recommended the pack of cards but they had just finished their carvery by the time we got ready.
interesting place, bit run down now and obviously had lots of shops in the past, all converted to houses now.

1 Like

Had a couple of nights at watermouth cove a couple of years ago,between Combe Martin and ilfracombe

10 Likes

Lovely, that’s our next section between Combe Martin and Barnstaple, although we’re looking to do it in November, might not look like that though :joy:

1 Like

Did you walk through the valley of the rocks via lee abbey?

Took a photo of this friendly little chap this morning as we were leaving the apartment.
He seemed to like McVities fruit shortcake biscuits.

9 Likes

We did, in the rain for that bit…

8 Likes

1 Like

Oooooh, left hook

2 Likes