Photography (Mostly reposts, no actual original content)

A friend of mine has offered me his old Konica Minolta Dynax 5D 6.1MP, to get me up and running…

He said ‘make me an offer’ :thinking:.

It’s old, but I have used it and it works well.
Thing is I have NO IDEA what to offer him?
Any ideas?

He’s not having my Toblerone stash…

2 Likes

Nice array of lenses for those at good prices.

£30-60 looks the going rate on eBay.

1 Like

Cheers Edd.

Then get an a850
:wink:

1 Like

I had a Dynax 5D, not bad at all but very dated now. Lens selection is OK, I believe Sony A-Mount will fit? I don’t remember the AF being that great to be honest, with a Sigma 30mm f1.4 lens anyway.
A selection from my 5D a good few years back!
https://flic.kr/s/aHsiSmy4ec

Personally I would stick to a Canon or Nikon if you are starting off, lens availablity is good and probably better ‘ecosystems’ to get into for the future.

1 Like

Konica Minolta lenses fit Sony A mount cameras.
Sony’s top lenses are very good but also very expensive. The Minolta “beercan” 70-210 is a super zoom lens.

1 Like

Some great shots in there :+1:

Indeed, more than enough lenses in the Minolta AF line. Just a bit limiting going forward but the a850, a99 etc are full frame and super.

1 Like

Autumn light a treat right now, even in cities

St Paul’s by -DaveBailey1-

4 Likes

Half decent snap that

1 Like

That reminded me I got a few belters of St Paul’s at the end of Sep 2012 - this is my fave

5 Likes

Nice pic

Thanks Mike.

I love wandering about the old City Of London so many brilliant things hidden among the towering offices.

1 Like

I agree. There are some fantastic ‘hidden’ buildings. In fact, isn’t there a book of the same / similar title ?

I don’t know if this is the one you have in mind MIke but I’ve gotten a lot of great ideas for wandering about from this one

3 Likes

Great shot this one. (Minor tweaks while I was pixel peeping)

4 Likes

Cheers Edd, I took this with the Konica Minolta Dynax 5D 6.1MP I was asking about earlier.

Just photos from my D70, taken in 2005, yes my D600 is lovely, but if all you have access too is a 6mp DSLR its still better than most things.

4 Likes

Completely agree: they just opened up this Wren church on Cornhill (Tuesday afternoons) - total mayhem inside as it’s been used as a training centre but look up and the glass and woodwork is stunning

St Peters Cornhill.jpg by -DaveBailey1-

Woodwork St Peters_Cornhill.jpg by -DaveBailey1-

3 Likes