Photography (Mostly reposts, no actual original content)

Thanks guys.
Some thinking to do but it looks like the x-t2 would fit my needs nicely.

1 Like

Just seen amason are selling the full frame Sony A7ii for £740. Wow, I didnt realise how much full frame prices have dropped, that’s like half what it was a few yrs ago. May well ditch my A77 and go for that.

1 Like

The cost of Sony glass puts me off.

You can use any glass with their e mount system, with their (glassless) adapor rings.

But yes sony lenses are spendy.

Probably worth the spend if you look on DxOMark, all seem very good.

1 Like

More lens reviews:

https://www.lenstip.com/

Apparently canon lenses work well with Sony but it defeats the id3a of going smaller.

Agree, shoving big lenses on a small body isn’t something I want to do with a walk about camera. A decent compact zoom and a 50mm prime is all I’d need really.

2 Likes

I use Leica R lenses with my A7r. They used to be v cheap…

1 Like

Just came across this with a 24-3000mm zoom :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Not sure how useful that would actually be (birders?) but wow:

1 Like

Citroën DS

(Mobile phone pic)

10 Likes

2 Likes

Drooool!!

Wildlife Photographer of the year winner - The Golden Couple by Marsel van Oosten

4 Likes

Some amazing shots there - the one of the rotting sea lion and lizard reminded me of this decomposing whale on Colonsay in the summer. The stench close-up was truly overpowering and yet birds were flitting in and out picking away.

3 Likes

Some stunning images here:

3 Likes

Good comp that: Hi Fi men in various guises have featured strongly in the recent past - Mark Littlejohn of the other place won two years ago and I believe a lovely chap now mainly on PFM, Amar “Lefty” was shortlisted this year. Hope for us all :wink:

Mark l is cool I bought one of his prints years ago , reminds me I must frame it.

Agree, he is a bloody genius.

5 Likes