Photography (Mostly reposts, no actual original content)

That’s the problem.

Firstly, you need around a 10 mp file to print to A3, however, that’s only half of the issue. Frankly, I would be amazed if the lens quality on a phone camera was up to the job of A3 enlargements.

Try zooming in on your images to the equivalent of A3 and see if you will be happy with the result, before you go to the expense of printing.

2 Likes

I use these, £1.15 for an A3 print.

It will depend on the phone, but with careful editing and by the time it’s in a frame behind glass and on a wall it will probably look fine.

1 Like

I think that is the key.

I have had some limited successes with A4 prints from my phone (Galaxy Note9) at PhotoBox, but I suspect A3 is a step too far

1 Like

If they’re taken in good light and don’t use digital zoom they may be OK. The cameras on modern phones are stunning for what they are. But only a small proportion will work at A3

1 Like

200dpi on an A3 print is 7-8 megapixels.

Quite a few modern phones get close enough to that.

For family snaps on a wall viewed at a distance I’m sure it will be fine, it’s £1.15 a print.

I used to print A2 from my 6mp D70 all the time.

We obviously have different views on image quality :grin:

The canvas-type prints can be more forgiving

Not really, but I can separate a fine art print from a family snap.

It also depends how to view it, my house in America was 4000sq ft with a mostly open ground floor and 10ft ceilings. Viewed from 6-10ft it looks fine. It’s not like you need to stick your nose up to it and look for the fine details.

Current house is teeny with low ceilings, 11”x15” is what I have most things printed at.

Thanks fella’s for all the advice , I should have made clear only some are camera phone and A3 would be the largest.

1 Like

From our trip to the US last year, at the Desert Museum nr Tucson, Arizona

Untitled by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

7 Likes

Lots of massive Saguaros :smiley:

5 Likes

[Mamiya C330]

6 Likes

Odd name for a rugby club

Some phone shots from this mornings walk around the frozen reservoir:

19 Likes

Fab pics.

1 Like

Stunning!

1 Like

Same old…

2 Likes

I love some of these

I am quite taken with this image

3 Likes

Breakfast looks fine but the trendy chopsticks can fuck off.