Photography (Mostly reposts, no actual original content)

Not going til August, so gives me plenty of time to play with it. Will take the 18-200 as a backup, and for closer stuff. Might even take a spare Nikon body if I can find the right one cheap enough.

3 Likes

13 Likes

Are you going on a safari?

Kelham.jpg by -DaveBailey1-

In Sheffield; Iā€™m finding it a photogenic City

10 Likes

It helps you also have an excellent eye for composition Ben :+1:

1 Like

Well, you know take lots of shots Allan and the odd one turns out OKšŸ˜‰

When was the Wam book done Allan? before my time, but several of them are still posting over there although itā€™s a little depleted nowadays.

Agreed , that is fantastic.

1 Like

It was done for the very first Scalford show Ben - hopefully someone will fill in the exact date I canā€™t remember.

There are some outstanding photographers among them - yourself included. :+1:

Thanks Allan, yes some excellent photographers in there. Saw Mark Littlejohn was posting again the other day, magical landscape photographer.

Mark is an amazing photographer as is Tillman Kleinhans.

There was another guy who took some of the best photographs of Glencoe Iā€™ve ever seen but for the life of me I canā€™t remember his name. I lost touch with them all after my flickr account got trashed,

Not the very first - I missed that, but I was there when the photo book came out. There were large prints of at least some of them up in a sort of gallery too IIRC.

VB

1 Like

Thanks Graeme - Iā€™m glad youā€™ve a better memory than me :grinning:

I still have a print of one of Tillmanā€™s photographs that he gave me permission to use - I absolutely love it. Hope he wonā€™t mind me reproducing it on here.

Paris By Night

4 Likes

Untitled by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

Untitled by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

2 Likes

Yes, to Tanzania.

Lens arrived. It is quite big.

2 Likes

have you a monopod, beanbag or some other type of support?

i found it difficult to hold steady my canon with a 100-400 lens on. It gets worse if you use an 2x extender where you use some stops and light. Be cautious how you use it on some of the drives, where there is alot of tree cover as the light gets quite low

1 Like

Yes Tillman is great still regularly posting.
Was it this guy Allan? He is a mate of MJā€™s I believe, wonderful photos anyway.

4 Likes

Scott Robertson

2 Likes

A decent zoom lens is a must. You will find many animals at distance and a zoom helps things. I know I have posted this before butā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.

CRW_0819_RT16 by uh_simon, on Flickr

CRW_0685_RT16b by uh_simon, on Flickr

and sometimes they never cooperate and look at the camera

CRW_0852_RT16 by uh_simon, on Flickr

and sometimes they do - this is heavily cropped as it was at some distance

CRW_0843_RT16a by uh_simon, on Flickr

7 Likes

Scott Robinson - thatā€™s him guys - cheers :+1:

1 Like