Photography (Mostly reposts, no actual original content)

Outstanding - and much better than a Siamese.:+1:

5 Likes

Just sorted out a new flickr account so been uploading some photographs - a couple that I forgot about

IMG_5959 by Allan Brisbane, on Flickr

P1010489 Mono cropped by Allan Brisbane, on Flickr

8 Likes

ah so thats you following me on flickr - wondered who that was!

Sorry meant to say earlier :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Guys - if you find a strange man suddenly following you today on flickr it’s more than likely me :grinning:

4 Likes

It is likely to be a beanbag. Will spend a bit of time practicing with new lens before we go.
Will be taking my D3200 and 18-200 as backup.

1 Like

Which lens? Does it have stabilisation?

I prefer to hand-hold for birds and rely on fastest shutter speeds possible as it gives much greater flexibility for the dramatic action shots. A beanbag and tripod/gimbal is good if the wildlife presents itself predictably, as with hides.

A bit of gym work can work wonders :slightly_smiling_face: for stabilising but you might be too near the off for that to be of relevance.

Sigma 50-500 OS and a Nikon 18-200 VR. With a D5200 and a D3200.
Mostly pics of lions and giraffes and the like.
Probably use a beanbag from the top of the 4x4 thing.

1 Like

Great museum that. We really enjoyed it.

Yeah, amazing place! Really enjoyed the ‘Raptor show’

1 Like
1 Like

12 Likes

More Uber for fish.

1 Like

7 Likes

Dealer and customer?

Awesome

1 Like

Back in the 1980s/90s I remember seeing a captive orca at Sea World in San Diego. I wouldn’t go now - they really don’t belong in captivity. It’s perhaps the most impressive animal I’ve ever seen in the flesh. It came down quite a narrow entrance channel to the performance pool, pushing something like the Severn bore in front of it. Males can weigh 6 tonnes and swim at up to 30 knots. Bloody. Hell.

VB

2 Likes

Quite.

I would rather not see one

Saw a pod of them swimming and splashing round a rock off Fair Isle. On said rock was one very worried and nervous seal. Never did hear the outcome.

2 Likes

The most awe-inspiring animals I’ve seen in captivity (sadly) have all been in the Oceanografic in Valencia.

The Sea Lions were incredible - the size, speed and power of them was quite something.

1 Like