Photography (Mostly reposts, no actual original content)

One from Spain a couple of weeks ago. Bright sunlight, wasn’t sure how it would work out, but interesting result.

17 Likes

Bridget Riley Vs Tartan Trousers
Yesterday
Tate Liverpool.

10 Likes

I love Bridget riley

1 Like

Top lake at Sheffield Park. by Rick Francis, on Flickr

3 Likes

Don’t get her ‘Art’ at all.

Horses as always,
I do for me

3 Likes

I love Bridget Riley. I went to the national gallery to see her installation there, which was a cool use of the space. There’s also a small private gallery in London that had a show of her stuff, which was fantastic.

1 Like

Amazing photograph of Battersea Power Station 1936 - Bill Brandt

7 Likes

Not been out at all recently but I did have nice little walk in the Quantocks when visiting my brother.

Quantock Hills by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

4 Likes

I love Bill Brandt.

That’s a cracker - the whole series of London at night is amazing.

Fantastic
Went to see the Diane Arbus at the Hayward Gallery yesterday, excellent exhibition, well worth seeing. Next Don McCullin

7 Likes

Looks good Ben.

I’m taking my Mum down to London for the weekend in April so her and Anne are heading to the V&A for a couple of exhibitions there so I will go see that. :+1:

1 Like

Looks like a Trevor Grimshaw painting :+1:

8 Likes

Pretty, but I suspect a bit of work’s been done. Cumulus clouds have those ‘bobbly’ top edges because of local uprisings driven by circulation currents inside the cloud. Left and right edges mark the edges of those currents and look ragged as a result. The top right hand corner of that cloud looks correct. Coming in from the right the first bobble is a little way in. But the left hand edge has a fading half-bobble right in the left corner. I wonder if the left hand edge has been 'shopped to a fade ?

VB

Are you Mr Google in disguise?

Nah an Engineer!!!

Who cares ? Looks pretty.

2 Likes

I worked for a few years alongside inertial confinement (laser) fusion scientists and one of the big bugbears in that field is the way smooth interfaces break up into bobbles due to instabilities (mostly a thing called the Rayleigh-Taylor instability). I’ve been backed into corners enough times by excitable graduate students clutching blurry micrographs of bobbly instabilities to have at least picked up what they look like. They’re also involved in mushroom clouds.

VB

1 Like