It looks orthopaedic?

1 Like

It looks better in blue

Tempted to get one when the kids have left and travel the uk in it

Pick me up when you are passing and Iā€™ll come too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Make a great tv series, two men and their bucketsā€¦

2 Likes

You could have a couple of deck chairs and a roll out piece of astoturf!

2 Likes

Weā€™ve had one for 6 years; no problem with injectors so far and weā€™re at about 130k milesā€¦
However, when we bought it at around 90k miles the dealer produced paperwork showing that the gearbox had been replaced recently - Iā€™d heard this was a problem.
So we bought it and 3 months later the gearbox went Turned out the receipt heā€™d showed us was for another van.
His response was ā€œsorry, itā€™s out of warrantyā€. So we replaced the gearbox (about Ā£1600), and took him to court; at arbitration we said weā€™d accept Ā£1000 from him, as heā€™d mis-sold and mis-described the van He maintained it was out of warranty and offered nowt.
In court the judge found heā€™d mis-sold the van, awarded us the Ā£1600 plus Ā£500 costs and expensesā€¦ The dealer didnā€™t appear to understand the concept of mis-selling (surely thatā€™s the same as selling?)!
And beware, thereā€™s a Nissan and Renault van that are exactly the same. Though itā€™s possible theyā€™ve fixed the dodgy gearboxes by now.

4 Likes

At least he was honest then; just stupid!

I almost felt sorry for him when I saw his little face fall when he realised heā€™d have saved a grand if heā€™d gone along with arbitrationā€¦
However, the fucker refused to pay so I had to send him a ā€œnotice of terminationā€ which explained that court-appointed bailiffs would turn up and his costs would spiral. He paid up.

Ginger bloke in a campervan has already been done :smile:

You have to wonder after all these years and all there design experience they could fuck up a gear box?

Every vehicle will have parts which only just cope with the rated output (power or torque/cylinder pressure). Uprating an engine through a model life can mean that previously adequate parts now arenā€™t.

And they should be aware of this.

1 Like

Given the way you have structured this reply, I assume it is in the form of a limerick.

Unfortunately itā€™s crap and neither rhymes nor scans.

2/10

2 Likes

Far be it from me to subscribe to conspiracy theory ā€¦ butā€¦ I suspect van manufacturers are only interested in building to last the initial 3 or 4 year hammering of the lease brigade.

As long as it sees out that period with the minimum fuss, then when individuals like Leonard, Stu and I ( the engine room of the country, if you will) come along, its not a priority. Im sure of it.

My gearbox was made by Ferrero Rocher.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a haiku translated from Japaneseā€¦ :grinning:

2 Likes

their