Pizza/Bbq garden party Sat August 10th

Dear all, would anyone going to Jim’s, who lives in Kent be able to collect an amp and allow me to pick up at a later date?

Thanks

How big and heavy is it?

I’m going part by train to Gravesend then by car with Paul @loo. If it’s neither too big nor heavy I can bring it home to Hastings, which is not too far from you I think.

Too heavy for train, thank you though. If Jim lives in Ilford then it’s no big deal for me to pick it up thereat some point either.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat as @charliechan, I’m not far from Kent, but I’ll be on train and foot.

Then you need to factor in me probably being quite battered on the way home, so your amp might get similarly battered.

I could bring it back to Gravesend. Pick it up when you’re ready.

1 Like

Thank you, very much appreciated.

No problem :+1:

Excellent. It’s 27kg unboxed, and with original packing, so quite large. I well remember the look on the UPS driver’s face when he saw the 14 steps up to my front door! He carried it up solo though! I now have a sack barrow…

1 Like

I’ll have @charliechan with me so he can help load it into and out of the car :laughing:

3 Likes

What is it FFS?

Mind I’ve got 2 Grant mono amps I got gratis that are 35kg each.

Audio Access 12 channel distribution amp. Meant for multi-room systems, but also ideal for mad speaker builders… :grinning:

2 Likes

you should try my 50kg of 20 watt loveliness - I cant actually lift it myself

Pffft

One under each arm

on the train?

:thinking::thinking:

I think that’s close to the old hundred weight. I used to be able to sling a sack of spuds on me shoulder and carry it around.

Ooh the ‘my amps heavier than yours’ willy waving has started :laughing:

1 Like

Was that a fashion thing down your way?

We were so poor that once we’d eaten the spuds we wore the sack

3 Likes

Living in Yorkshire, we had to eat the sack.

3 Likes