Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

I enjoyed eating there with a friend. That kind of food is full of slightly unusual tastes and textures and it’s nice to have a lunch out where you don’t overdo the calories. You feel all virtuous as you emerge. Which probably explains why everyone hates vegans!

1 Like

1 Like

Made this to go with a South Indian style chana dal dish- very nice :+1:

I upped the green chillies and just used desiccated coconut rehydrated with boiling water

is that The Green Kitchen?

More like The Green Bogs, I’d have thought.

1 Like

Anyway, Short rib n veg!

9 Likes

That’s probably closer to you than me!

I’m talking about NoMooMoo, by the Abbey

1 Like

Y’see, even the name of the fucking place is defensive. Why can’t they be a vegan restaurant plain and simple, without the politics?

1 Like

My favourite name is Veggie Perrins in Plymouth

2 Likes

It’s not run by vegans. Just people cashing in on the trend.

3 Likes

:frowning: Not doing veganism much good really…

Few people under 40 will have a clue. :grinning:

1 Like

This is true as a rule and not just about Reggie Perrin. It gets worse for the older age profiles though…:confounded:

1 Like

Mmmmm, that looks incredibly satisfying.

1 Like

Nice to get back to proper food after all that festive wank

3 Likes

One is whole grain, new recipe ?

1 Like

It was good. I have been getting into star anise with meat and stuck a couple in the braising liquor. Really adds depth and body without making it taste Asian. :+1:

best way for short ribs IMO - soy, beef stock, Shaoxing wine (or dry sherry), 5 spice, ginger garlic, spring onions and star anise.

2 Likes

Fussy client

I find that star anise is the best illustration of the “less is more” mantra. As soon as you can taste it, you’ve added too much!

2 Likes