Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

Doesn’t look very cured - it’s not exactly up and swimming.

That’s it @coco. Release your inner @Jim.

Actually, don’t!

8 Likes

sobrasada and cheese on toast

ham egg and chips

grilled octopus

1 Like

You lot eat some weird shit
Have you not heard of uncle bens?

1 Like

cheese to finish

Closeup of Simon’s liver rn.

4 Likes

~Metabolism Intensifies~

2 Likes

They’re just not ready on here for that sort of sophistication yet Stu :rofl:

2 Likes

Interesting display
We use co op ready grated

I’d been thinking that as we’d been in the US for 4 days I was probably overdue a BBQ, especially as we are due to head to New Mexico in a day or two (where chilli is their thing mostly rather than BBQ). Plus having one now would give me time to have a couple more before we come home. My wife has been thinking the same and mentioned in so it was agreed we’d keep our eyes open. We also realised we’d never has Arkansas BBQ and Arkansas is part of the South so their BBQ should be good.

About 30 mins after having this conversation we spotted this place which had plumes of smoke emanating from it and drifting across the parking lot towards the road in Hot Springs Arkansas.

mickeys

We went there for dinner last night. I had a mixed plate which cane with 2 sides. It’s run by the now deceased Mickey’s daughter who also does all the cooking.

Pulled pork, 2 ribs, ham and chopped brisket. All excellent. The ham was especially good and the Pitt beans were the best I’d had. The sides were excellent too. The coleslaw and potato salad were really tasty and not over sweet.

8 Likes

Ate here the day before.

I had another taco after this plate full. Carnitas with crispy pork skin and barbacoa. Delicious rice and beans. Great hot sauce too.

6 Likes

Looks epic. Their jacket potatoes always look pro-grade madness. I assume that ice-cream scoop of stuff is not creme fraiche!

Bbq baked pot was great. Crispy skin. A very tasty potato. That’s butter as you will appreciate.

2 Likes

Ooooooooof!

1 Like

Looks fab! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The BBQ was a tenner each including sides. You can see the taco prices!

Butter ladled from an ice-cream scoop…only in America :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Their butter is shit tbh.

2 Likes

Unsalted ?

It tastes of very little so possibly.