Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

Calabrian meatballs (lemon & chilli) with foo pasta (bucatini).

3 Likes

4 Likes

Home made in our ÂŁ29.99 pizza oven.

4 Likes

2 Likes

where did you get your pizza oven? What is it - any pics?

This. Linky please?

It was from Aldi, it’s one of those that sit on top of a BBQ. Looks exactly like this one:

https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/la-hacienda-bbq-pizza-box-black?istCompanyId=bf3344d9-83f5-4abd-b69a-da131f7567d1&istItemId=-xmrwixrwmm&istBid=tztx&source=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5-TXBRCHARIsANLixNwhd39Q-f1J2aU6-bi2daOpoBQWjUTyQhOAN5nze8gUxRbyiWFiKR4aAt4pEALw_wcB

It’s ok. Not convinced I wouldn’t get the same result from just plonking a pizza stone on top of the BBQ and shutting the lid tbh.

aga

Now if you had one of these…:heart_eyes:

…you would try to make a pizza and come out with a victoria sponge, a casserole and a ridiculously large fuel bill.

4 Likes

Mine is gas and I use it all the time (not for heating), I have a gas central heating / hot water system in a 1929 detached house with 4 beds, approx 1,900 sq ft, my gas bill is £80 a month on average. The Aga put it up a bit, maybe £20 a month, but it keeps the house warmer and you don’t tend to use the heating as much.

and it would take 4 weeks to develop a crust

2 Likes

A bit like their owners.

1 Like

Weber pizza stone FTW…

3 Likes

I bought a Pro cook stone just because the pans mum got me some time ago have been good. Stones are the way forward in a regular oven.

1 Like

We find that our stones (one for the Weber, 1 for the main oven) don’t get used much, due to the proximity of our Village pub. They make some of the best pizzas we’ve had in this country.

2 Likes

Braised Orkney steak with new pot’s. Delicious. Just deciding which pudding to have now.

spotted dick?

Skipped the pudding. Decided to drink the beer instead.

4 Likes

:+1: Wise decision I feel

1 Like

good choice are they selling this