Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

I had peach souffle once, in a restaurant (I was warned there might be a short wait as it would require the chef’s undivided attention). It was, very possibly, the best dessert I have yet tasted.

VB

1 Like

Picked up some fresh curry leaves and cooked this last night. Fucking beautiful. :+1:

Had it with this.

The dal with simple veg side dish and rice works really well for weeknight dinners. I cook enough for two nights and endless options for variety.

Cooked this on Monday night- another recipe I would highly recommend.

Plan for Sun/Mon night is:

3 Likes

lovely lunch at a little Italian in Cardiff recommened by Tristan (Clap); me beef carpaccio followed by goat ragu, and Louise, soused Sardines followed by Porchetta.

All accompanied by a great Italian fizzy red (so good I bought a 6 bottle case!)

1 Like

7 Likes

You ordered something with rocket on it? :astonished:

2 Likes

He’ll prolly be shitting all night cos his digestive system can’t cope with the influx of veg :laughing:

5 Likes

He saw the word rocket, and thought it might be like his Saturn 5…

1 Like

Believe it or not, I love the stuff.

Edit: cheeky cunt.

4 Likes

Very tasty :+1: will be doing these again when I have fresh curry leaves on hand

1 Like

haha I didn’t actually pay attention to what I was quoting there. I decided to save the cauliflower for later in the week and instead we had the black eye bean dish with this. Really nice and worked well together. I used rehydrated desiccated coconut in place of fresh.

Always a favourite with my customers
,”The bidsnest platter”

4 Likes

With Mexico playing today,I’ve gone for the South American World Cup signature dish

7 Likes

What?! No alpaca or rodent?

Beefy boys again.

3 Likes

some advanced Mexican flag arranging

1 Like

Hmmmm is ok. Personally compared to mine it’s a tad embarrassing

5 Likes

looks more like the Indian flag.

1 Like

India:

Mexico

Given the orientation of the plate I view the rice from the long side - so Mexican but the colours are at

1 Like

Nyonya pineapple curry (chinese malay). Bloody lovely. HOT.

1 Like

I like Nyonya cooking, I have an acquaintance with a chef who runs a Nyonya restaurant in Penang - the influences are really interesting, include as you say Malay-Chinese, but can include Thai, Indonesian and more interestingly (and less commonly) Indian.

Some of the nicest chicken curries I have had are Nyonya

there used to be a Nyonya Cafe in London, but I think it closed in 2016. There is a great Laksa bar, Sambal Shiok on Holloway Rd, and the chef/owner is Peranakan Nyonya heritage.

PS - Shaam Nights was great - we way over ordered and was so stuffed we could barely move.