Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

venison burgers bbq’d sweetcorn bbq’d and home made red onion and chilli relish

G Ramseys Malaysian chicken curry (His Asian recipes are the definitive version).

3 Likes

really? not sure I can agree with that. The ones from Ricks Steins books taste most like the SE Asian dishes I have had when I worked and travelled in Malaysia/Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam…etc…

Gordon’s Great Escape Asia or whatever it’s called is hardly used, Ricks books the pages are messy with use and my scribbles and annotations where I have asked my SE colleagues for corrections…

Give the book another go.

I might actually be confusing those two books.

Ramsay S.E. Asian = cookery class food

Rick Stein S.E. Asian = close to authentic.

End of.

1 Like

Ramsay is a cunt.

1 Like

Lunch in Harvey Nichols today (Department store in Knightsbridge)

Lobster roll and a burger.

4 Likes

Not bad for £3.50 all in.

4 Likes

:laughing: Yep, not cheap, but the quality of the food was excellent.

1 Like

There was a burger and lobster in Cardiff. They wanted £20 for a burger. It stayed open about a year.

They wouldn’t get that FOR Cardiff

4 Likes

The best burger in Cardiff is sold in Spit and Sawdust (skateboard park). Home made organic beef with double cooked chips (hand peeled rather than bought in). £7.50 all in for a double pattie. That’s more my style.

When Burger and Lobster closed they had the cheek to say the people of Cardiff weren’t sophisticated enough to get the concept. Partially true but it was more that they just wouldn’t pay £20 for a burger. I never tried one as I just didn’t think they were worth it. I could have a decent steak for £20.

1 Like

The Harvey Nics burger was quite good value actually. Some of the folk on here go to Red Dog Saloon - the standard 6oz burger there is about 11 quid or 14 for a double patty 2 x 6oz…but that doesn’t include any extras.
For 16 quid at HN, you get a 10oz burger (as in the pic above) and it comes with fries and a decent side salad included. :+1:

Pretty good value for where you are eating @Jim :+1:

:roll_eyes: No need to make it personal - quite a few on here like Red Dog, which, as I explained above , is even more expensive. I don’t eat out in central London often Mike, but i agree, it’s expensive pretty much everywhere when you do.

eh ? Me no understandy :thinking:

That burger looks great and given the location the price is good. Seems they have lowered their prices a bit.

1 Like

No need to make it personal. FFS !

2 Likes