Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

It’s not personal, it’s strictly business.

1 Like

Unless my numbers are completely out of whack, they’re either running that as a loss leader or they’re padding the meat with a serious amount of that sawdust…

:thinking:

1 Like

Its based in a scruffy warehouse on an industrial estate. You are sat on benches and there’s no heating or aircon. Its run by a hippie as a “social enterprise”. They are very nice people. I agree their business acumen needs work. But the burgers and chips are ace and the prices are superb value.

But, on my last visit they have now gone into partnership with a local street food impresario and I can envisage things becoming more commercial.

Speedy segue from “the best burger in Cardiff” to “it might not be any good” :smirk:

Fast Eddie’s lesser known bassist brother IIRC

1 Like

What exactly is your problem? Can’t you read? I refer you to the last sentence in the first paragraph.

indeed

burger looks nice - personally I think lobster is well overrated. Is that a Scottish native lobster or the cheapo frozen tails from the US, that the likes of Aldi are coughing up for a fiver,

Anyway I’d rather get my gnashers round fresh crabs than a lobster.

1 Like

Yep, the flavour of lobster is subtle, crab is better but I prefer strong tasting fish, like mackerel or sardine :yum:

If you need to ask :joy:

Having another attempt at ‘Goan’ Chicken Vindaloo tonight.

Chicken and prawn Laksa. No photos because of hoovering reasons :grinning:

1 Like

I think it’s your mother or the time of the month.

:clubs::boxing_glove:

Corn, cod and chorizo soup.

1 Like

Brown butter and roasted pecan ice cream. Hubba hubba.

Another retreat for people with an aversion to red meat catered for. Moderate amount of fish done (roasted salmon, cod and monkfish plus wok fried prawns). It does at least make hitting budgets easier when you can’t use any of the expensive ingredients!

Apart from lunch of Pork Shoulder, roasties, roasted carrots, fennel with a gravy infused with star anise, Narelle made chilli sauce with our homegrown chillies and tomatoes…

Excuse the spelling. Narelle had a mind fart.

8 Likes

Yeah. Right.

We all know those are the ones with the extra MDMA in.

VB

1 Like