Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

Hmmm… I have this problem too. Its an expensive learning curve and I can do them much better in the oven! I feel that until I have got it right, I can’t move on to pulled pork or Brisket. I’m getting the chicken though! Smoked one tonight, was really delicious. I think it’s my new favourite way of cooking a bird.

Got to agree. Spatchcocking and smoking is awesome :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes, I’d not have tried it if it wasn’t for you posting that pic in the BBQ thread. :+1:

1 Like

Gonna have a go at buttered chicken thighs tomorrow

1 Like

Went here today for a two and a half hour lunch. Some good stuff
http://www.bodegabarahona.com/

However, this place has been the highlight and it’s the only restaurant (in fact the only thing at all) within walking distance of our villa.

Run by a lovely German couple. We’re going again before we head home. Outstanding.

1 Like

Last night was a Spam, eggs and chips wasteland:

However tonight there was egg and chips with chorizo and peppers:

Back home tomorrow but no doubt there is a pre-Brexit spam shortage due to hoarding/profiteering. :rage:

4 Likes

I just love the broken eggs, chorizo and chips thing. Bar Quim in Barcelona does a great version

1 Like

Bar qwim sounds like fun

3 Likes

actually I misplelt it, it should be “Quim”. It’s in La
la boqueria market in Barcelona. Great food but a bit of a tourist trap these days

Shouldn’t that be inside a pie?

Preparation for tomorrow’s BBQ…

Lamb shoulder with yoghurt, chilli, lemon zest and garlic.

Chilli was home grown Fatalii.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Tomorrow will be one of these Zwetsckenfleck

3 Likes

It’s a decent sized lamb shoulder making the 57cm look quite small :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Simply stunning. Smokey, moist and crunchy bark.
Served with French beans and Orzo.

4 Likes

Yet another spatchcock chicken on t’Weber. Spicy and smokey. Served with baby potato salad, homegrown courgette and radish salad.

2 Likes

Soaked some haricots beans overnight and started to make some Ranch-style beans. After I added the tomatoes and stuff I decided to add the leftover cooked lamb from Saturday.

It. Is. EPIC!

1 Like

Just doing a quick chorizo, red pepper, feta and spinach omelette.

10 Likes

Sausage and Mash with these

top notch bangers!

1 Like

Anything with black pudding in it is a winner

1 Like