Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

Yes. But we take less holidays.

1 Like

yes we’ve got about 6 maybe 7 types but 4000 types is a different level

True. But we are still considered excessive by some. It’s a matter of scale.

This.

Meh!

Fewer

5 Likes

I wonder about this salt business
 I mean, its all sodium, right? How is it different taste wise if it doesn’t have any additive? I get the size/shape thing but do salts actually taste different, or is it foo? :thinking:

Salt is salt. If it tastes different it’s through impurities left during processing.

5 Likes

There is something to this.
Île de RĂ© is grey and tastes of the sea. It’s also less salty. I’ve always assumed that it’s processed less. Whether that’s a good or a bad thing, is a matter of taste.
One of the Camargues is almost clear and immensely salty. You only need to use half as much compared to a supermarket brand. The other is pink and has an “average” saltiness.

I don’t believe in any magic health benefits (like Himalayan Rock Salt claims), or one being better than another.
They are just different.

2 Likes

This^

Black salt definitely tastes different

Yeah, the core salt is still NaCl, it’s just about the flavour of the impurities

1 Like

Meh
I demand a blind AB salt tasting test
:smiley:

3 Likes

Does that involve licking people’s tummies after exercise? Eww

Living up to your title again Adam? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Typically Japanese. They are obsessive about a lot of stuff. But that is why they are the masters at hifi, denim etc etc.

Have you seen Jiro loves Sushi?

Abby put some Halen Mon smoked salt in our Beetroot and parsnip soup last night. Apparently, it adds depth of flavour. In fairness I can see what she means. Their garlic salt is excellent on steaks.

I went on a tour of their factory in Angelsey recently. It was very interesting and I now always try to use sea salt rather than the shit Saxo or suchlike. The ordinary stuff tastes terrible in comparison, very harsh and chemically. The sea salt is a much more rounded flavour.

They did just that at Halen Mon and the difference was obvious.

Think a blind taste salt off is in order

5 different varieties and you have to drink a mug full of each one

I’ll be adjudicator :+1:

3 Likes

Some people think there’s only one type of creme brulee. However

VB