Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

Fucking hell, now its salt-foo :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

It’s an abomination, caramelise it with fire !

1 Like

I’m thinking about producing a range of cables which have baked in a salt crust then frozen.
Range will include natural, garlic and chilli flavoured salts.
Then there will be a Limited Edition made with Red Wine Salt (Sel du Vin).

I may be on to something :thinking:

1 Like

FTFW

1 Like

Back on track. Lunch was…

Bone in Sirloin with ‘proper’ chips and mushy peas :+1:

1 Like

with

last night. With rice, coriander chutney and spicy onions

2 Likes

I often come across recipes that use pulses (urid dal, chana dal) as a spice- dried spices fried/roasted/ground…has anyone done this before? Am I missing something- is it literally using the dried pulses without pre-cooking? Does it really add much noticeable flavour?

I have cooked something that called for a tablespoon of urid dal fried with ghe spice mix. I’m struggling to remember what it was now though. It was fine though.

Great film.

1 Like

No, just looked it up - looks amazing.

Reminds me, Louise keeps pestering me to eat at The Araki in London, but I am resisting the urge to spend that much on a meal

http://www.the-araki.com

1 Like

Highly flexible…

Still like to try it though but taking the piss, maybe.

2 Likes

If anyone is struggling to find it, it’s called Jiro dreams of Sushi. It was David Gelb’s first foray into food programs and led to him making Chef’s Table for Netflix. If you are interested in food, it’s essential viewing IMHO.

3 Likes

What pretentious bullshit.

4 Likes

Not unusual for a high end sushi restaurant. Rather than pretension, it is the chef’s way of presenting only the highest quality ingredients available that day.
Any of the places I can afford offer both omakase (chef’s choice) and okomoni (a la carte) ordering :slightly_smiling_face:

No, it’s pretentious.

2 Likes

Maybe a little :thinking:

got any recommendations in London? Not UMU though - been there twice and felt vaguely disappointed after each.

LOL, I’m located in Toronto. Weird Canadian lurker, that’s me :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Ahhh - yes I did know that…CP to me

1 Like

Dinner last night in the (near) legendary The Ship…

Venison salad

Pheasant breast with black pudding mash.

7 Likes