Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

There is a great beef vindaloo recipe in Rick Steins “India” that is very good with beef shin.

I am sure when I used to visit our agent in Goa his said said she used coconut vinegar

1 Like

I’ve got that book, can’t believe I didn’t clock that recipe!

With

tagine of chicken with olives and ( homemade) preserved lemons, Persian herb rice and a shirazi salad (I wish I’d left out the pomegranate seeds!) with sumac

2 Likes

I just cooked this vindaloo and it was great. Served it with dhal and naan, fantastic. Son loved the vindaloo especially, daughter the dhal (which I’ve not cooked for them before). Normally they fill up on the bread, not this time :+1::+1:

5 Likes

Excellent!

Tasty innit :heart_eyes:

It is. I did the potatoes really small - about 1/4" cubes - which deep fried really well. Took your advice on the white wine vinegar as well.

And I’ve got two more meals’ worth about to go in the freezer :blush:

1 Like

Looks a nice recipe but Vindaloo? Where does the heat come from?

Vindaloo is only hot in British Indian Restaurants. Never had a hot one in India, notably Goa, which is where the dish originates.

I have an Indian cookbook (written by an Indian) & I’m sure that involved quite a long marinade in a sour spicy & vinegary concoction before cooking.

There are loads of different recipes for it. I’m not saying this is the most authentic, but it tastes more like the ones I’ve had in the Western Ghats.

They’ve all been mildly spicy but never hot.

I can’t serve the kids anything hot, so it’s good to have a new flavour

1 Like

Some ideas here…

nothing unusual there

They missed a trick not including pineapple on pizza or indeed October mince pies.No unsalted butter either.

2 Likes

You forgot HCB with bacon, unsalted butter and hot sauce.

1 Like

It’s supposedly educational & entertaining not filling visitors with revulsion and nausea. There are limits.

2 Likes

When did this happen? Is it a new rule from the EU that Brexit will overturn for unlimited Utopia*.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

*Utopia may contain poverty, starvation and a ban on all music except prog and Kiki Dee.

1 Like

Kiki Dee based Prog :flushed:

3 Likes

N’duja Arancini with pork chop and creamed spinachi

5 Likes