Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

:grin:

Fuck that. Last thing Jim needs is sprouts!

2 Likes

I’m making some of that tonight with the sprouts we didn’t cook last night

Yep. Made it a few times. It can be as subtle or as pungent as you wish to make it.

One of my favourite things is slaw :+1:

1 Like

My other favourite thing is pizza at our village pub…

6 Likes

Spent a few hours Saturday evening doing the meat and supervising veg for a group of 35.
21 chicken breasts (14 went veggie when they heard I was cooking :flushed:) cooked in orange juice, with apricot, ginger and orange sauce. Charlotte potatoes par-boiled then roasted with herb and sea-salt sprinkling, roast carrots with fresh coriander, sprouts with thin yogurt & horseradish coating, broccoli - and roast parsnips which annoyingly I mistimed so they were too firm.
Pleasant expressions of surprise when tasting, which was nice.

4 Likes

Never realised anyone ate sprouts other than Xmas day

1 Like

:flushed:

We had them on Sunday. And the week before :+1:

Sprouts are a year round gift to your taste buds :+1:

3 Likes

Just putting the final touches in the anticipation of next weeks Christmas menu :christmas_tree:

6 Likes

That is truly festive looking. I only hope our Christmas dinner looks half as good :ok_hand:

1 Like

Nice baubles on the tree, but it could use a fairy.

VB

You could easily have moulded the sullen lump into a christmas tree or reindeer/sleigh shape.

Personally, I’m glad you didn’t. :+1:

1 Like

I prefer my work to be abstract and not obvious

I’m a little unnerved by the yellow goo oozing at the bottom of the rice. What is that? :worried:

Sweet corn :corn:

giphy%20(8)

3 Likes

I had assumed that it was a coulis, the genius of a single kernel of sweet corn never occurred to me

2 Likes

It represents the star rising in the North

And one of your ‘five a day’.

VB

1 Like