Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

Was it the same soup?

Nope.

The best answer would have been ,ā€œWell, they both looked like pukeā€.

Brown lentil dal, rajma masala (kidney beans- 1st time making it today), mixed veg sabji (cauliflower, potatoes, peppers, carrots and peas), coriander chutney, garlic chutney and spicy onions

1 Like

I got the Phaidon India cookbook for Christmas, and thereā€™s sooooo much in it I almost donā€™t know where to start. I knew there was way more variety to Indian food that the range of stuff you get in a British Indian restaurant, but I am frankly completely lost with all the options!

Make them all, now. :grinning:

Going to have a stab at one of the butter chicken variations tomorrow. Some sort of bread and I think a beetroot chutney to go with.

4 Likes

Pics when you do.

1 Like

5 Likes

Crackers?

Definitely. Couldnā€™t have cheese without crackers.

Some interesting ones thereā€¦but can you name all of them :wink:

Can you?

Duh, no - Iā€™m not the one eating themā€¦

Cheese
Cheese
Cheese
Cheese
Cheese
Cheese
Cheese
Cheese
Cheese
Cheese

I think thatā€™s right

2 Likes

Are you having your photo taken? :thinking:

1 Like

Iā€™ve reached the point with cheese boards that they are basically Stilton plus the occasional diversion. I have yet to come across any cheese plate that wouldnā€™t be improved by increasing the proportion of Stilton.

1 Like

Much as I love Stilton, that would be way too restrictive for me.

1 Like

The wife came back home with two thirds of them. A shivver went down my spine when she opined sheā€™d bought the Christmas cheese. I neednā€™t have worried as she bought better ones than Iā€™d have!

From the top working clockwise with marks out of 10 -

??? (9.5)
Barkham blue (9.5)
Caerphilly (8)
Single gloucester (8)
Killeen (goats) (9)
Reypenaer 24 month Gouda (9)
Pave Cobble (uwe) (9.5)
Hafod cheddar (8.5)

The two in the middle from the top -

Machecoulais (10)
Mario Costas spooning Gorgonzola dolce (Very good but the other blues piss all over it. 8.)

1 Like