Pork scratchings

Yes, I will be doing that on whatever car I buy - I spoke with Phil and he recommended someone :+1:

I looked at the history yesterday - three main dealer stamps, which is correct for a 7 year old car with 44k miles.
Itā€™s also had a 120point AA inspection.

I think you might be giving them too much credit there. More likely hadnā€™t checked the pressureā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

2 Likes

Does it have a decent stereo ?

Probably best if it doesnā€™t as I donā€™t think you can sit dead centre and drive safely :smiley:

7 Likes

Agreed. I ran my Boxster low on fuel and used standard unleaded. The result was a new fuel pump was required after a LOT of time spent on trying to diagnose the problem. I only use Super now (which in fairness Porsche say to use).

Some years ago when the PDK box on my new (2 week old) Boxster S broke, the dealer loaned me another Boxster for a couple of days. The fuel was low, which I pointed out to them, but I was only doing short runs, so they said it would be ok.

Just on my return to the dealer, just about 100m or so from the dealer, the damned thing ran out of fuel! Imagine the picture ā€” 4 besuited and now very sweaty Porsche salesmen - pushing me in a fuel less Boxster back to the dealership forecourtā€¦

Unfortunately the saga of the broken PDK box went on for a few more weeksā€¦

McLaren F1 it is then. :+1:

2 Likes

they are opening a dealership close by to me

Or this.

1 Like

Hahaā€¦the perfect shape to accommodate my belly :laughing:

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a McLaren dealership where I am working.

If you see any for sale at 3 bob Iā€™d happily sell my house to fund itā€¦

Have they asked you to do any intricate work on the car electrics yet?

Isnā€™t it open already?

I guess itā€™s just snobbishness, but I have never really thought that an industrial estate in Hatfield would be the place to go for a six figure car. Just me?

Sorry, Iā€™m not allowed to discuss any arrangements that I may, or may not have with the aforementioned dealership :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

itā€™s in a temporary location ATM, will co locate in the new Jag, Landy, Aston place being built

I was surprised when I received an invite to the opening via some rather more minted than me pals in St Albans

:+1:

Bit of industrial espionage and the Pork database is all theirs :+1:

Theyā€™ve probably decided that after years of pimped-up Golfs, you are ready for the next stepā€¦

1 Like

What a car, driver adequate also. Interesting seeing the course showing on the satnav as they go round !

2 Likes