Pork scratchings

Parliament hinge fitting contract alert.

2 Likes

Spent the day with Pete driving around looking at and test driving Panameras :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Turan surely after that.:grinning:

1 Like

Actually I think weā€™re going to The Yard for a pizza :yum:

3 Likes

Test drove both a panny 4S and a turbo yesterday - it was very interesting. Both cars were really quick, but the turbo was brutally so. (evidenced by the permagrin on Peteā€™s face :laughing:)

Despite that they both had the air suspension, with comfort, sport and sport plus, in the comfort mode the turbo felt far stiffer than the 4S - a bit floaty but the wheels (both had 20" rims) were crashing over ruts and uneven surfaces. The 4S felt more refined and quiet than the turbo on all three settings.

The turbo also had an after market sports exhaust system which was quite loud and throbby - Pete loved it but I wasnā€™t so sure. I think it would be intrusive at cruising speeds. Both cars had the optional extra where you can use a button on the centre console to switch between a quiet or loud exhaust note, but this wasnā€™t functional on the turbo because of the non-standard exhaust.

Overall, I think i preferred the 4S, and (this could be the clincher) the 4S was Ā£9k cheaper. :+1:

6 Likes

Are there any you need to look at up here? :confused:

3 Likes

I think youā€™re right about the exhaust on tehurbo. While fun for a weekend car, itā€™s quite loudly obnoxious and I suspect would annoy over time.

The 4S was spot on, well optioned, had the perfect interior for you, and was at a v. good price. You know you want to!

1 Like

Not at the moment - thereā€™s one in Bury i quite like, but thatā€™s the only one up north.

Not as nice as the one we looked at yesterday and Ā£4.5k more!

What are the major milestones in terms of engines/chassis/spec/exterior?

Iā€™d been looking at 3 year old cars, but these are much cheaper!!!

LOL, Porsche phone!

Yeah, thatā€™s the Bury one. Same colour scheme as the 4S yesterday, and it has a sunroof and the rear seat ventilation (handy if I was ever in the back :wink:) Also a year younger.

On the downside, itā€™s Ā£4.6k more expensive, doesnā€™t have Sport Chrono or the nice steering wheel.

The spec and look stayed pretty much the same from the launch in 2009 until fairly recently, when they revised the shape, (smoothing out the hump above the rear window line) and new lights/rear

I agree and the 4s is more suitably for the older gentleman.

1 Like

You thinking of getting one then Dave?

1 Like

No thanks Iā€™m more a Lamborghini man.

2 Likes

What does sport chrono give you?

LOL, just seen the spec of the new diesel. 850Nm of torque.

1 Like

ā€œThe Porsche Sport Chrono Package enhances vehicle performance through a system that simultaneously alters elements of chassis, engine, and transmission. In addition to the ability to take performance to new heights, the Sport Chrono Package equips the vehicle with a performance display, digital and analog stopwatches, and the Sport Plus button. Models equipped with the package will also feature steering wheel indicator to let drivers know if the Sport button or Launch Control are activated. Models that are not already equipped with Launch Control will get a Performance Start function, that operates similarly, but not to the same level as Launch Control.ā€

I thought Porsche were stopping diesels?