Poster art, vintage advertising and other drawrings

5 Likes

Takes me back donkey’s years, sat in a crowded pub when a hapless and naive taxi driver arrived, ’ taxi for Spartacus’. Still chuckle about it now.

4 Likes

Vant very much

2 Likes

April 11, 1961: Dylan begins a run opening for bluesman John Lee Hooker at Gerdes Folk City.

5 Likes

I love how all sorts of really rockin’ electric blues men were recreated as “country blues singers” for white audiences during the late 50s early 60s folk music boom :grinning:

1 Like

Boston Tea Party Posters

2 Likes

Love the second one.

1 Like

Fair point, easy to overlook as a historical artefact, and wincingly of-its-era when you stop to consider it, but I guess it also helped to break-down some barriers, much to music’s overall benefit :ok_hand:

1 Like

It was ultimately a good thing. The blues got steamrolled by rock & roll in the 50s, so it helped bring the music back in to the public view and allowed a rediscovery of many artists earlier output.

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

6 Likes

Ah, the glory days of ‘pervertising’ …

7 Likes

Once more I am compelled to say. Fuck you, Time!

3 Likes

What do we want?

Time Machines!

When do we want them?

Actually, it doesn’t matter…

5 Likes

Personal invitation from a provocative Penthouse Pet to attend a taping session . . .

2 Likes

When there’s a photo shoot and no drummers in the building…

1 Like

It’s okay, no one’s looking at the drummer :smile:

2 Likes

:angry:

One of a series of trading cards produced by German margarine company ‘Echte Wagner’ depicting the world of the future as seen from 1930 -

Be careful what you wish for!

More here.

6 Likes